cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise customer invoice in case of third party sale from PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In case of third party sale from project systems module, PR is raised which is further converted to PO and once the material reaches at client place GRN is done.Based upon the GRN the actual cost is booked to the project.How should I raise the customer invoice against the materials received by the customer?

I went through the Forum and based upon the threads there, I came to know that one option is to create sales order for the same items and do order based billings.But for this I have to enter the same materials items again in the Sales order which is nothing but duplicacy of data.

Is there any alternative to this? Or some other way by which the PO line items be copied to sales order so that I can save time while creating sales order.

Regards,

B P Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use resource related billing

You do not have to enter the materials again

Please read SAP help for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To use resource related billing , I have to enter all the billable items in DIP Profile configuration.But these materials vary from project to project. So do I need to do this config for every project? One more query.. Suppose I have raise PO for 100 Items and I have to bill each and every item, how will do the config for the same? As per my understanding in ODP1 we need to assign cost element group for each and every material so that the cost collected in that group should be be my base price for that material.But here all the cost will be booked under same Cost Element.

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Regards,

B P Singh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ODP1 does not only depend on the characteristic cost element.

You can activate a tick box origin in material master so that you do not have to set up all the materials in DIP profile.

In the material determination of the DIP profile leave the material number blank

If you do use the cost element then create a group for all primaries and assign this to the blank material

This is a very standard procedure - ask your PS consultant he/she should know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for your valuable input.I have a few more queries:

1. Do I need to create a Sales Order (To carry out Resource Related BIlling as sggested in previous communication)

Is there some way in which I can create Sales Order with reference to the Purchase Order which I have created for Procurement.

2, When I do the Third party sale from Sales Order I don't need to assign material twice i.e. Once for Procurement and one for sale.

I hope my requirement is clear.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

B P SIngh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BP Singh

You seem to have your logic cross wired

Firstly you will a sales order type

In the DIP profile you will assign this sales order type

The system will automatically create the invoice when you run the RRB transaction

As far as PO is concerned why are you linking this to Sales Order - the project is the cost collector hence the actual cost should be posted against the project which should then be used for RRB

The PO reference in the sales order is the PO from customer

You will not have to enter material twice - only once either in the network or is you are using only WBS then PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Business scenario is like this.

I have created project and activities.Have assigned materials as 3rd party sale in NWA. I have released the project.PR are getting followed by PO.On doing the GR the actual costs are getting booked on NWA.

My concern is how to bill the Items(the same material components) which are assigned to activity.

As per your input I need to do Resource Related billing.Thanks for the input.It is no longer required to assign materials in DIP to Carry out RRB.

To carry out RRB do I need to create Sales Order first ? If No then how to do RRB? If Yes I need to create a Sales Order with all the material components which I have assigned at activity level. So I was looking for some alternative so that SO creation becomes less tedious.

Regards,

B P Singh