cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making comments mandatory for only some roles when approving CUP requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a way to make Comments required in CUP requests when approving a request for just certain roles? We don't want comments to always be required, just if you are approving a request for Role XXX for example.

I tried using the Comments Mandatory setting that is available on the Role Details screen (along with the associated flags on the Roles/Role Selection screen), but this only seems to require a 'request reason' for the role when the request is being built. It doesn't require comments when the request is being approved. (There also appears to be a bug with this because this request reason doesn't show up anywhere in the request after it is built.)

I know you can set the Comments Mandatory on for the workflow stage, but then you have to enter a comment for every request, regardless of the roles. We are wanting them to required only for a few specific roles.

We are on GRC 5.3 11.2.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

It is not possible to enable the comment option only for few roles. Either it can be on for all, or off.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m neutral in this manner, because I consider it capable as well I do not consider it. What you guys think of it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I don't think it is possible with current design of CUP.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan