cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of Direct Print is differnt than Print Preview

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

I currently have a PDF print form that works correctly and has all the scripting working the way it should. When I look at the form in Print Preview and print the form from within preview all headings and formatting works as it has been designed. When I print the form direct, without preview, the formatting changes. Headings show up where they shouldn't based on the form design.

I'm passing the parameters for print preview or direct print to the FP_JOB_OPEN function module in my driver program based on the selection screen.

I'm on a 7.01 release level 6 using designer 8 with GUI version 710 patch level 13.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

The issue isn't that I'm trying to hide something on the form. The issue is that the direct printing of the form doesn't look the same as the form does when you "print preview" the form.

If I print preview then print, the output looks and behaves as designed. If I bypass the print preview and set the parameters to direct print the format and logic changes. The output doesn't look the same.

"Direct print" and "print preview - print" are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look here: [Header is cut off without print preview|;

We had a similar problem....just a matter of changing the margins in the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing this problem usually two or three times during the development cycle of a form. I didn't find out the root-cause for this strange behaviour, but the fastest way to get rid of it, is to delete the element that is printing strangely and add it from scratch.

Of course you'll first write down, what items and what settings you gonna reimplement:-)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution - see also note 1530896

I followed that note but it didn't work in event form:ready for me.

So i used the event initialize for the object and now its working with this formcalc script

if ( $xfa.config.present.destination ne "pdf" ) then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though this was not your thread, thanks for posting the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

Maybe there is a version conflict between ADS and Adobe LiveCycle Designer?