cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with tags sent to TMS..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my requirement shipment data is sent to TMS from ECC via PI and the shipment cost is retrieved for which back in ECC the shipment cost doc is created.

It so happens that data we are sending in XML formaat needs to be in correct format and the TMS management guys keep on saying a tag must be placed up or down etc and only then TMS will be able to respond with some values.

I am in the process of changing this in the associated data type everytime.

But then I came across the .DTD file imported in the ESR. What is that for ? Was the data type in PI initially created based on this .DTD ?

So I am wondering, should the process be I should request the TMS guys to send me the correct DTD and then have my data type updated so that the tags are in right place ?

We have been working on this for quite long and looks like the tags in which we send the data to TMS is not right everytime !!

So I am wondering what is the best way to resolve this...Data is valid but the tags placement seems to be incorrect.

pl advise..

thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

should the process be I should request the TMS guys to send me the correct DTD

Yes this will be the better way instead making changes every time on request.

Just import the DTD as external definition and based on the structure create a new DT, and use the same.

Other way would be to create a DOCTYPE Reference ,in case TMS guys expect doctype reference to be included.

search forum if you want to have reference to DTD,

you can refer

http://www.w3schools.com/DTD/default.asp

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to create the data type manually.

First of all get a complete and valid description of the XML structure that is expected and agreed with TMS people.

Then create the data type based on it.