cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to maintain a specific number apart from material number in MMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have a specific number(X) for some materials that we want to enter in a material master, and when we create a sales order that number(X) along with material number should populate in sales order.

is there any field provided by sap to fulfill this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u are talking abt the customer material info record, you can very well maintain the same using the transaction VD51.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want to maintain those numbers in material master only (clint requirement),when i run report with that number it should pull respective material and sales orders for that material.

Ex: Material --M1

Specific number: SM1

To Maintain that specific number is there any additional field provided by SAP in Material master

Edited by: raja kumar reddy on Oct 18, 2010 8:38 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard SAP fields provided to handle your requirements in the material master.

You may need to use any of the unused fields in the material master. Following options I could think of;

1) Use of Old material number field (MARA-BISMT). But this field will not flow into sales order. You may go with an enhancement to add this field in the sales order -> item level.

2) Use of basic text or sales text from the material master. You need to add addtiional text type in sales order -> item text level in t.code VOTXN. By this way, when a number is maintained in the material master text field, this will automatically gets copied into sales orders.

3) Use of EAN/UPC field (MEAN-EAN11) field. I am not in favor of using this field as this may be needed in other purposes like electronic transmission of data with government entites. If this field is not used in your business, you can think of this also.

Using any of the above may eventually need development of customized report for your final reporting requirement. I am not sure whether any standard report will provide the details on what you are looking for.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to maintain additional information to the materials, there are lot of fields available. First of all there are five material groups available for classifying materials into different groups. You can use them for your purpose and these fields based on teh values maintained in MMR will get updated in sales order also. The path for configuring the same is

SPRO-Logistics GeneralMaterial Master-Settings for Key fieldsData relevant for SD---Define material groups

You can also use the product hierarchy field in this path to classify materials using PH functionality. You can create the hierarchy in such a way that the number range of the materials and the product hierarchy levels are similar. You can use this functionality creatively to add some suffixes/prefixes to the material numbers