cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calender and Planning Calenderr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to plan my production for 7days a week. and want to plan for Raw materials also 7 days a week.

but here my requirement is that i dont want to receive raw materials on weekends. i mean no one will be in Factory to receive raw materials on Weekends.

If i maintain Planning Calender for 7 days and assign to Raw materials in MRP View 2 and Factory Calender for 5 days can i achieve this requirement?

for in house production i have to plan for 7 days a week. (Scheduling and Capacity Calculation)

i dont want to receive rawmaterils in weekends.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Nag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Based on your business requirement , you should have the following set up :

1.One Factory Calender with Work Days Monday-to-Friday Let say FC1 .This will be used on all the organisational level starting from Materials Planning to Sales .But will not be assinge to Capacity Requirement Planning Purpose or Any Production Activity in Work Centre .

2.You should have one more Factory Calander with work Days Monday to Monday ( 7 days week ) with some special rule like Plan Shutdown Days , Breakdown Maintainnece etc and this should be assinged to all the work centres -CR02-Capacity Tab -Capacity Header -Factory Calader ID -Let say it is FC2.

You need to ceate Calander in OP03/SCAL .It does nto have any transport and it will be a Cleinet level changes which requires proper approval .Please rememeber , you need to assing only FC1 to Plant assingement in OP03 where as FC2 will be asisnged only in Work Centre level .

Steps : Goto -OP03

1.Identify all those Public Holidays frist with Fixed or moveable as per business requirement

2.Goto Holiday Calander -Hit the pencil -Hit Create option -Enter ID , Description , Valid To/From Year ( shd be 20 yrs differnce )

Add all those holidays as per Public holidays as applicable in your business with proper valididty and finally SAVE

3.Goto Factory Calander -Hit the pencil -Hit Create option -Enter ID , Description , Valid To/From Year ( shd be 20 yrs differnce )

Asisng Hioliday Calander . In case of FC2-Work centre Calander , here you can hit the Special Rules .Include Special Activity like Plan Shut down of factory with Validity etc and SAVE .

4.Come back to OP03 main screen -Assing the factory Calender in plant .

5.Goto -CR02-Capacity -Capacity Header -Available Capacity Header -Factory Calander-Assing FC2

I do not think you should have planning calander seperately if you do not have any specific reason .

Hope it helps

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JH,

Thanks for the reply.

As i understood, i no need to have planning calender in my scenario to achive this requirement.

5days a week for Factory Calender and assign to Plant

7days a week for another clender and assign to WC.

when we run MRP (Scheduling should be Lead time Scheduling) system plan based on WC calender for Inhouse Production and based on FC for External Procurement.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

i want to understand the Planning Calender usage ... in which scenario can we use planning calender...

Thanks

Nag

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

1.Planning calendar can be used for only planning the materials.

2.When you have selected the MRP type as Time phased planning say for eg: R1- Time Phased Planning as the MRP type then

you have to maintain the planning calendar in the MRP 2 view of the material master.

3.When you have selected the lot sizing procedure as according to Planning calendar then you have to maintain the planning

calendar.

4.Planning calendar cannot be used or assigned in planning the workcenter.

I hope you will get some idea regadring planning calendar.

Regards

S Mangalraj

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Planng Calander is only for Materials Plannnig purpose and you can not not use this calander for WC or any production related use .

If you have planning calander in MRP1 view along with Factory Calander , then duing MRP run system will check the Planning Calander as frist priority .More over it will be , only effective when you have Period Lot sizing procedure and you want to do carry out the planning at certain periods when you have compeoents to be clubbed together as like PR/POs

Hope it is clear

regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JH,

Thanks for explaining. one quick question. i did the all settings as you said for Factory calendar (5days/Week) for Plant and another calendar (7 Days / Week) to resource.

for Raw material procurement its taking delivery date only for Week days --- which is working fine

Scheduling for Inhouse production-- Scheduling taking place Weekdays and Weekends also -- this also good.

here i have one issue that when i go for FG planning... if we think based on Sales order, the availability check is taking place based on Plant Calendar (5 days a week). i need for FG availability check should take place for 7 days a week.

i though that we can use Planning calendar for this issue.

i created Planning calendar and done its not working...

if you have any thought please share.

Thanks

Nag

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

You can assign the planning calendar only in the material master in MRP2 view or else in OPPQ for grouping period(under

Reporting) and also in capacity evaluation report based on planning calendar.

Regards

S Mangalraj

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In case of planning or any sales related availablity check , i hope u have maintained the Factory Calander which has 5 days as working days as per your requirement at plant level (op03-plant assignment tab).Please check in ox10 wether u have maintained the Factory Calender to your plant.

Also please check wether u have maintained the same calander in sales org, shipping point , routes level or not .

Check in your customer master also .

Try and revert back

Regards

JH

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

1.Create factory calendar using SCAL and assign this factory calendar ID in the capacity header in CR01 while creating the

work center.

2.Create planning calendar using T code MD25 and assign this in the material master of raw materials.

Check and revert

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Thanks for quick reply. i want to the working days for Factory calender (Is it for 7 or 5 working days per week) and for Planning calender working days.

Could you please let me know

Thanks again

Nag

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

Assign 7 days as working days in the factory calendar and assign this in the work center under capacity header.

So work centers will be available on all the 7 days of the week,which will play a role in scheduling.

Create planning calendar with the required settings(kindly search for the threads related to Planning calendar ) and go ahead.

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nag,

It seems that the planning calendar is not really necessary. Check my previous posting. It is the way I solved this issue when the plant works 7 days a week and no goods movements (purchases, sales) are foreseen during the weekends.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

For planning calendar take 5 days ( Mon to Friday )

For steps refer my reply from this link

[;

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also have two different calendar:

- plant calendar with Monday to Friday working days

- Workcenter calndar Monday to Monday (this is linked in the capacity header of the WC)

This way: customer orders, purchase order will run with the plant calendar and the production orders with the WC calendar.

Hope this helps