Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier relationship status management

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use status management for QM in procurement. The first 3 goods receipts from a new vendor-material combination should be inspected different from regular inspections. I created a status profile like this.

Stat nr Status Description Low High

1 0001 Initial status 1 1 4

2 0002 Initial status 2 1 4

3 0003 Initial status 3 1 4

4 0004 Series 1 4

The first 3 statuses will use inspection type 0101, the fourth 01. But when i want to do a new goods receipt while the inspection lot from the gr before has not been released (ud) yet, i get an error. I cannot create an inspection lot when the previous lot is still open. This only happens for statuses 1, 2 and 3.

Can this be done any other way?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

1) If you have maintained the status in the Supply relationship then the system will not allow you to do GR if there is an open lot.

Standard explain like this :

Each status profile must contain an initial status for newly created supply relationships. You can also define additional statuses that can be linked together in a status sequence. You can link all of the statuses together or only selected ones. You do this by assigning status numbers to the statuses and by defining a highest and lowest status number for each status in the sequence.

If a supply relationship is currently in such a status sequence, the system will only allow one current inspection lot to be created for each status; that is, it will not allow any further goods receipts until the usage decision is made for the current lot.

When you make a usage decision to accept an inspection lot, the system sets the next status in the status sequence. This is repeated with every successive usage decision, until the last status is reached. If an inspection lot is rejected, the current status is retained.

You can alter the status position and check whether the GR is allowed

2) DMR is based on a Particular task list. So the only option for you will be to use DMR based on characteristic

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard SAP you cannot do the goods receipt if the previous lot is still open.

Regards

CSN

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Can this be handled using dynamic modification? Problem is that they want to reset the quality level every year. There are three levels:

- Initial: extended inspection (only 3 times)

- Normal: normal inspection (1 inspection)

- Skip: 5 skips and than back to normal.

I know i can reset the quality level once a year but it should go back to Normal and not to initial. Is this possible?

Regards,

Maarten