cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output on Delivery Not Creating Upon PGI from Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the setup of our system. To goods issue a delivery, the Shipment Start button is clicked on the Shipment document. The Activity Profile on the shipment performs the Goods Issue and creates two outputs (ZBLX and ZSHN) if the output determination warrants it.

These outputs are sometimes not created when the Shipment Start button is clicked behind the scenes via EDI. With EDI, we process the received IDocs to click the Shipment Start button every 5 minutes. When there are more than one IDocs to process at a time, the first one works just fine (Goods Issue and creates the outputs), however any subsequent ones Goods Issue but do not create the outputs.

Any ideas on what may be causing this to occur (or not occur as)?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but unfortunately that's not the case. The Goods Issue does go through for the subsequent deliveries. I am able to duplicate this time and time again. Every time the first delivery Goods Issues and outputs create, while the subsequent deliveries only Goods Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, OK.

Your issue is in the program RV56ABST and its selection variant I guess. Try and view the action profile log for possible failures.

Also check if there are any requirements for those outputs which are not being met. Long shot.

Suggest raise an OSS message as it could be really a bug ( because it happens the first time) and SAP will attend to it.

Check out some other (older releases) for whatever they me worth:

426546 - Variant maintenance for report RV56ABST: Processing modes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The output conditions that keep failing, are those setup with option '3' and then triggered via RV56ABST?

Or are those triggered by GI requirement at output procedure?

If the first one (RV56ABST) then you should see the outputs in 'yellow' status at deliveries.

If the 2nd one (delivery GI triggers output) then what happens when you go for such delivery in change mode (VL02N). Does the output get automatically triggered in this case? If yes, then indeed it would indicate some bug to be analysed deeper.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry

Not an expert in this area, but let me try and help you.

May be the GI of one of the deliveries associated with shipment has failed, Also the output timing ( 4 vs. 3) also may have a bearing. Check out the OSS notes ( they are for release 4.7, but may provide some clues) and those mentioned within:

708632 - Message output via action profile - several statuses at once

419201 - Message processing in connection with activity profile

740989 - FAQ: Activity Profiles in Transportation.

Hope this helps.