cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different documents in PPOMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am working in SRM 7.0 in a classic scenario.

I have this problem:

I have two document types in PPOMA structure for same user, document type A for purchase requisitions and document type B for purchase orders.

I have now document type B as default in the organizational structure.

But when the SC is approved, system try to creates a purchase order (as I want because all parameters are filled) with document type of purchase requisition. system throws this error message: Document type A not allowed with doc. c ategory F.

What can I do in this case?

thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a problem with our user requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa

Unfortunately the attribute in SRM does not give an option to maintain the Document Type along with Business Objects(PO or PR).

I would implement Change BADI for this purpose during PO creation to take care of the document type while the Purchase Order is being Created

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender, we implemented BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW to overwrite purchase order document type that the system must generate. But when the system tries to create follow on documents, throws an error message because purchase order document type generated in the BADI doesn´t exist as purchase requisition document type.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa

It seems the BADI implemented BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW is working fine in terms of picking up the PO Doucment type as per your requirement. But as per SC data, your follow on document seems to be Purchase Requisition.

Please check your config SRM Server --> Cross Application Basic Settings --> Define Objects in Backend Systems (Purch Reqs, Reservations, Purch Orders)

OR

If you have implemented BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS badi, that need to be looked into as this BADI can also be used to decide which backend document has to be created in ECC.

I think in this case you will have to revisiit your code in BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW and have the code work only in case when backend document is a PO and not PR.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender, I don´t have implemented BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS.

For backend objects I have this:

* 1.1.10 I26CLNT100 3 Always external procurement 2 Purchase order if item data complete, otherwise purch. req

When I try to create a purchase order (material from material master, with price, source of supply) I have this message:

Document type B not allowed with doc. c ategory B

When I try to create a purchase requisition (material from material master, with price but without source of supply) I have this message:

Document type A not allowed with doc. c ategory F

I will check BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW now.

Can be another problem than the BADI implementation?

Thanks

Rosa Rodríguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think that the problem is that SRM allows just only one kind of follown-on document for shopping cart.

regards

andrea