SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article discontinuation for distribution chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a material opened for a wrong sales organization and distribution channel by accident. Now it's causing problems with one interface (because normally this article type should not be used in that sales org) so we need to have it deleted from this distribution chain. Is there any way to do this without deleting the whole material on client level and then creating a new material code and opening it only for the correct sales orgs?

I tried deletion flagging it on sales org level using transaction WSE3 but just got an error "article not found". Is this because with WSE3 you can't actually set a deletion flag on distribution chain level, but you can only set the flag on site level, for all sites belonging to the given sales organization? If yes, is there any way to remove this material from the sales org in question?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont discontinue the article, Instead delist the article for the particular distribution Chain using Txn. WSP3.

It will make the article not to sale through this Distribution Chain.

Or

In WSE3 Txn. Please deflag the "Set deletion Flags" and then execute it.

Regards

GK.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont discontinue the article, Instead delist the article for the particular distribution Chain using Txn. WSP3.

It will make the article not to sale through this Distribution Chain.

Or

In WSE3 Txn. Please deflag the "Set deletion Flags" and then execute it.

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The article has never been listed for that distribution chain, so WSP3 doesn't help.

In WSE3, even if I deflag the "Set deletion flags" and execute it, I get error "Article not found".

0 Kudos

Hi,

In MM44 plese maintain the article number.. and find out what changes you have done recently.... And then try..

Regards

GK..

0 Kudos

Hi GK,

What do you mean? Yes, I can display the change log in MM44 but how does that help in deleting the material?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you said you are geting an error "artilce not found" in WSE3 txn. so i asked you to check did you made any changes to the article master recently.

Can you please tell me did you made any transactions for this article previously like Purchase, Sales...

Chk in MARC table field LVORM, has any flag, if so it wont show in WSE3

Tell me the message No. for "Artcile not found"

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Oct 18, 2010 10:20 AM

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Oct 18, 2010 10:25 AM

0 Kudos

Sales transactions have been done for other sales organizations (in other company codes) but not for this wrong one. It hasn't been opened for a wrong purchasing organization at all, but purchases have been done for other purchasing orgs (in other company codes).

And I think the 'No articles found' message (msg. nr. WM324) in WSE3 comes exactly because the article hasn't been opened for any sites belonging to this sales organization. I got the same error before doing any changes, then I opened the article for a site belonging to this sales org and tried again with WSE3: this time it found the site I had just opened and deletion flagging that site was possible. BUT deletion flagging was only done for that site, not for the distribution channel! That's why I asked in the first message if this WSE3 transaction is really supposed to be for deletion flagging sales organization level data, or just finding the corresponding site level data and deletion flagging that.

The core issue here is that I need to have the sales organization data somehow deleted from table MVKE but deletion flagging sales org level data via WSE3 doesn't seem possible. Deletion flagging site level data is not an issue because it hasn't been opened for any wrong sites.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Txn. MM06, maintain Article, Site, Stor Loac, Sales Org. Dist. Channel and then click "Enter"

Then under "Sales Organization/Distribution Channel" flag Sales org and then save.

Hope this will solve the issue

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Hi GK,

Unfortunately this is Retail, so MM06 can't be used. If I try, the system gives error: "You must use retail functions to process the article

Message no. MH091

The material has been created in the retail material master. As a result, it may be maintained only using the special retail functions because the data will otherwise be inconsistent."

Thanks for your reply anyway.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this SAP Note 317304 Setting the deletion flag for MVKE within WSE3

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Yes, thanks!! This solved the problem!