cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Data to Nested iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to pass the data to nested iViews and not getting success.

In my model I have 2 layers.

Layer 1 - Input Form

Layer 2 - Output Table and Nested iView

This Nested iView I have made it a tabstrip. Now when I select any line item from the table I need to pass these line item values to the Nested iViews Tab1. I tried using the Signal Out in the Out port of the output table. Put in a Signal In in the Nested iView. I am not able to connect this SignalOut and Signal In.

I read forums that the solution can be achieved through data store in the Nested iView and then connect the data store and Signal In. My problem is how will the Data Store and Signal In get the parameters.

I also tried connecting the Out port of the Output table to the Signal In of the Nested iView but i am not able to do the mapping.

Can someone pls help me here?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I dont think you need a Signal Out here, you can directly link the output port of the table to the Input port of the nested iview and select the event as "SELECT".

with the above setup in place, you need to assign all the fields with proper values in the connection links(both in the parent iView and nested iview). also check if you have created the field in the signal in and assigned it a value properly to the input port of the data service or query properly.

Try this and let me know if this does not work.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not able to map the field directly on the select link. I have to manuall create the parameters in the Signal In of the Nested iView and then in the Select event link manually map all the parameter values to @....

Is this how this normally works?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, this is how it works.. if you are creating the signal in by dragging from right hand side then you need to create fields manually. otherwise if you are selecting the input port of the data service or bi query and creating the signal in using context menu then i think the fields are created automatically based on the selection variables for that query.

hope this helps,.

Regards,

Rk.

Answers (0)