cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Im new to the development of a adapter I read the documetation on the sample adapter but still not clear on how to proceed. I have have the com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra.rar file and the com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.module.app.sda file but not sure witch file I need to import to nwds. Can anyone tell me witch file do I need to import into nwds to deploy to PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to deploy the sample adapter, then you use the sda file, which includes the rar fail.

But the sample adapter is already deployed, so you need not do this.

If you want to create your own adapter, you find the source code of the sample adapter in SAP note 100400.

You need also to assign the libraries. You find a list here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XIlibrariesfor+development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

If the adapter is already in PI how will I go about using? Will I still have to import the libraries into nwds? And if I want to change the code in the sample adapter what files do I need to import into nwds?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The testing is decribed in this blog:

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

You need the adapter metadata. I do not know exactly where you can find them, I think are in the rar file, not sure.

For changing the adapter, you get the code from SAP note and apply it to the NWDS.

The whole development of an adapter is not easy and cannot be explained in SDN forum in short sentences.

I recommend this book:

http://www.sap-press.com/products/SAP-NetWeaver-PI-Development-%E2%80%94-Practical-Guide-%282nd-Edit...?

But from my expeience with adapter development I will give you this advise:

Before you develope an adpter, try to find out, if you can solve the request with any other solution.

Avoid using self-written adapters in customer project.

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Did you checked blog /people/john.ta2/blog/2006/12/20/to-create-or-not-to-create-an-sap-xi-adapter

May be this can help

Regards,

Vikrant