Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChARM configuration

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am about to configure ChARM in Solution Manager. This is for the first time I am happening to configure this. Therefore, I am looking for the exact information to start with. Basically, I am a BASIS professional and I am striving to know how much technical responsibility it has.

I have gone through the below link on SDN:

[ChARM configuration blog on SDN|[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement]]

Basically this blog I found to be very useful and assume to be enough to start with. However, I would like to know if this would suffice. Most probably this will be a standard ChARM configuration with no customization. I have also gone through the rkts on market place which are very useful.

May any one please try to reply my queries mentioned below?

1. The blog mentioned and rkts above would suffice?

2. How much time it would take to configure standard ChARM?

3. How much time it would to map the customization in ChARM and the additional resource required?

Looking forward to have replies.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically the expert blogs give you a clear insight on what are the basic scenarios involved and the rkt would provide some sypnosis on the Charm methodology. As for time and resources needed, it depends very much if you are deploying this on your own or with a technology project team. The skillsets needed are basically on CTS / transport related, but of course since Charm has its own interface in using the change document;

For a detailed concept deployment I would highly suggest if you could visit our expert blogs

First steps to work with Change Request Management scenario

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Change Request Management scenario: Usual questions and known errors

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

Change Request Management scenario: Working examples

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples

Please kindly take sometime to go through the above blogs; there are written by our internal Charm expert and these information have proven to be very much helpful to customers, apart from the standard available training materials and rkt guides.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the blogs mentioned by you and those are really very nice and I believe very helpful. However, I wanted to know if anything is missing on those blogs so that I can get that from some where else.

By the way, thanks once again for your reply and guidance.

Regars,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog is already mentioned in wiki

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Start with this

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

May somebody please reply to this thread?

Regards,

Faisal