Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic message for problems with partner transfer

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

every 15 Minutes we automatically transfer new or changed partners from SAP ERP to GTS.

Now, if there is an error in one of those partners and they cannot be transferred successfully (e.g. because of missing or inconsistent address data), SAP retries to create/change that partner every 15 minutes.

Unfortunately, I cannot check the transfer logs five times a day for any errors that might occur.

Because of that, it sometimes takes several days until I come to discover the error. Until then, many, many transfer logs have been created, most of them containing only one entry. Furthermore, the particular partner cannot be used in SAP ERP until the error is resolved, because it is blocked by GTS.

Is there any way to create a message to me (via mail or in SAP), if there is an error with partner transfer?

Thank you

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is enough to check last entry of list. As long as BP was not transferred successfully. ERP will try it again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternate option would be to create a custom program that would read the unprocessed change pointers in ECC ( these would correspond to the customer's that have not made it successfully to GTS) and run this program soon after your transfer program completes...

This will give you a list of customers not transferred to GTS..

Thanks

Jasmit

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input!

Obviously there is no standard tool to do this. Nevertheless, your ideas were quite helpfull.

Thanks again

Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reduce it to 3-5 min background jobs for both vendors and customers from ECC -> GTS and ask SAP basis to monitor it. This would reduce the update details for master data considerably.