Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 : Import from XML - Error connecting to source

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import xml file for reference data into MDM lookup table (SAP MDM 7.1).

When I connect to XML file, I get an error ' Logon Error:Can't open c:\ folder path on local machine \Import Manager\xsd.exe '

I am using standard XML schema for importing data (ReferenceData R/3 & ERP).

Please suggest quick ways of resolving this.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

According to the SAP Note: 1331426 - missing xsd.exe File, the error occurs due to missing xsd.exe file in the import manager executable.

This file doesn't come with the installation files and is part of the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (Software Development Kit) 2.0, which can be downloaded from the download center of the Micrsosoft website.

Steps:

1. The xsd.exe file has to be downloaded from the Microsoft site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa731542.aspx

2. The xsd.exe itself is only 76 KB in size, so you need to download only this single file instead of the whole 250(?) MB .NET SDK installation. Even if you download the .NET SDK, you don't have to install it. Just extract the .cab file (e.g. using WinZip), open it (again using WinZip), extract the file that starts with "xsd" to the Import Manager directory and rename it to "xsd.exe".

3. Execute it in the below path: C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1\Import Manager

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay

Check your xml schema file and match its structure with your xml source file.

Try to import through import type "XML Schema"

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka