cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.1 Service registry - Questions about how to use it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been working as a SAP PI 7.0 consultant for a couple of years. Now I am dealing with a new project with the newiest version 7.1 and I have a couple of questions about Service registry, because I couldnt find anything here about the " real world"

Following SOA concepts I should create Services interfaces in the same way that I do with PI 7.0 but always thinking to have it available to use as much as I want. For example; Create an interface in a Software component and their message mapping in a "GLOBAL" Software component where I can share the same mapping (if necessary).

Am I right so far?

After that How can I publish this to Service Registry ? Will this service interface be available to be used again whenever and wherever I want .... Am I rigth ?

And for the last, I would like to know how to consume these services interfaces through Service Registry...Or the service registry just works like a library, justo to check out which interfaces I have available in that enviroment ?

I really appreciate any clarification on those points

Thank you very much

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this blog: [Publish services from PI 7.1 to the Service Registry|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8788] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Answers (0)