cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error while importing/exporting the universe from my BO Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a issue while importing/exporting the universe from my BO Designer to the Server.The error is mentioned below.

'File Repository Server Input is down'

Once I click the OK button on this error message, it displays the message

'Could not import the Universe'.

I tried the check the status of the File Repository Server (Ouput and Input) and also the of the Root Directory on the Physical Server and also my machine.They all have read-write access.

Installed Version of the Universe Designer Client: Business Object XI Release 2 SP3

Installed Version of the BO Enterprise Server: Business Object XI Release 2 SP2

Can you please help me to resolve the issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a firewall inbetween the server and client you need to enable the port for File Server.

if the servers are running on the system with Dual Nic then assign the IP of the External Nic to the FRS server from the Server property in the CMC.

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The step you have mentioned may not be applicable to my issue as one of my colleagues can import/export the universe from the same server

The second thing is that a DB2 Client v9 is installed on both mine and my colleagues system.The Designer software can recognise the DB2 drivers on his system but it cannot recognise the same drivers on my system.I even checked the versions of the BO software installed on his and my system and they are same.

The only difference is that his machine is a Windows XP Machine and mine is a Network Desktop.

Will any of the above two things will affect the operation of the BO Designer.

Thanks

Prabhakar Korada

0 Kudos

What kind of technology is the network desktop based on? Citrix?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

The network desktop is using Citrix XenApp technology.

Thanks

Prabhakar Korada

0 Kudos

Which version?

BTW it is VERY probable that there is a firewall activated between your citrix server and the BOBJ server? Are those both in the same domain?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

There is mismatch in Server and Client tools versions/Patches of BO. Which stopping you to do Import and Export.

You have to make sure, both environments/ tools should sink.

Installed Version of the Universe Designer Client: Business Object XI Release 2 SP3

Installed Version of the BO Enterprise Server: Business Object XI Release 2 SP2

Thank You!!

Sent from iPhone

0 Kudos

Despite the SP difference the error message indicates a network communication problem.

Still it is recommended to have the same patch level on both sides as I mentioned before.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Can you please check in the CMC is the File Repository Servers are enabled and running?

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

BTW you should have the same SP level on both your server and your clients.

Why do you have SP3 installed on your client and only SP2 on your server?

Regards,

Stratos