cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for non-ABAP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planing to implement EWA for Java systems. Currently EWA is active for all ABAP systems. Do we need Wily Introscope in order to setup the EWA for non-ABAP systems? Or just we can use the SMD to generate EWA reports for Java systems?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris

In order to have EWA for your JAVA system please remember you need to have Wily Introscope Agent setup on

your JAVA system which should be well configured with the Enterprise Manager and the Diagnostic .

As in the Solution Manager BI the data is comming from Enterprise Manager Smart store which is getting updated by

Introscope agent on every 15 sec. and later Enterprise Extractor Frame work update the BI on Hourly basis.

So basically unless you see the data in workload analysis for that JAVA system , you cant have the EWA report .

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I agree wit Jai , you must require the introscope for EWA of Java on SP18.

pls refer this doc

[https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sapidb/012006153200000707952009E/TroubleShootingGuideEhP1.pdf|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sapidb/012006153200000707952009E/TroubleShootingGuideEhP1.pdf]

and the SAP note 1332428 for knwing data sources on SP18 onwards.

jansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all

You mean we only need Wily agent installed on the managed system\, we don't need Wily server on the SOLMAN?

SAP has just confirmed that we need Wily, but not mentioned whether we need both server and agent.

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish

You need to install the wily agent on the managed system and the enterprise manager on the solman system.

and after that you need to run the manage system setup wizard for the managed system id from the solman system.

Thats it..

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

In addition to all the recommendations:

Follow all steps in transaction solman_setup: initial, basic and managed system configuration. In this process you will be asked to install and configure both Wily EM Server and Setup the ISAGENT (Introscope Agent). This is covered by the installation manual available in the Marketplace.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul

We are on SM 7.0 EhP1. But I see following info in note 976054. It says data sources for EWA are different on 7.0 EhP1, does it mean we don't need wily from 7.0 EhP1 onwards?

Data sources in Solution Manager Diagnostics up to SP17 used for EWA for non-ABAP components analysis are:

- Introscope (SAP Note 797147),

- Garbage Collection (SAP Note 1079125) and

- Portal Activity Reporting (SAP Notes 936612 to know how to activate PAR and 914791, 1075276 to configure SQL

Command Console).

Starting with Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 (SP18) the data sources are:

- Solution Manager BI for performance data

- Configuration and Change DB(CCDB) for configuration data

Thanks,

Kris

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

After reviewing this Note, I would draw the same conclusions. The guide attached to this note is an older document.

The guide states that Wiley collects some of the data, and this is confirmed as a datasource up to SP17 in the body of the note, however it is not a data source as of SP18 and up. So it should not be required to generate EWAs. SMD writes directly to the BI for non-ABAP systems EWAs, then the BI RFC is used to transfer the BI data to the service session on Solution Manager.

So based on this note, I agree that for EWA for non-ABAP components Wiley Introscope is not a requirement as it is not a data source as of SP18 and above.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

Yes Wiley Introscope is required for the creation of EWA reports for non-abap systems, A part of the data is retrieved by Wiley Introscope, which is installed as part of the SMD.

I would advise you to look at SAP Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non-abap components.

There is a PDF attachment - SAP EarlyWatch Alert for non_ABAP components, and this will answer many question you have and help guide you through setting up EWA for non-ABAP components. It also states Wiley Introscope is required as it colelcts some of the data used in EWA reporting.

I hope this is helpful and answers your questions.

Regards,

Paul