cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract AUTOMATICALLY from Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i want to extract automatically the information (main table and qualified table) of my repository (materials)... can i do this? i know that i have the options in data manager: File - export to - Acces / Excel / Text ; however this process is manual and we required something automatic.

Is there some command in MDM Clix to do this?

Regards, Pp.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, and thnks very much for your answers

@jignesh patel

when i say that XML will not work for us, i mean that we only need TEXT or EXCEL file... because we are gonna import this file into cranberry database...

The thing is, that we need to download all master data, doesn't matter if some record suffers changes or not, we need all without restriction. I think that we can not turn on the flag: "Supress unchange records" in syndicator, because we only will get the records with some change.

Another question: how to handle the qualified tables into a flat map?

Thnks, Pp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to schedule all mornings the download of materials (text or excel) to execute quality programs. If we use syndicator, we can use flat destination but we'll get one record per file; otherwise XML will not work for us...

any idea?

Thnks, Pp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to schedule all mornings the download of materials (text or excel) to execute quality programs. If we use syndicator, we can use flat destination but we'll get one record per file; otherwise XML will not work for us...

i check the scenario as per your specification and in syndicator its generating 1 file for all records depends search selection or depends upon update data on daily bases, for e.g. in day you are updating 1 records then it will generate 1 file with 1 records and if 20 records then 1 file for 20 records

otherwise XML will not work for us...

why its not working it should work, have you created separate mapping for XML and flat file if not create separate mapping it will resolve your problem

Note : i have tested scenario by using flat file format by using Update field option (freeform search ) in syndicator

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

All that you mentioned is very much possible via Syndicator.. and its easy too.

Flat files: you can have all the records in 1 file if you want or also specify the number of records you want in a file.

XML: This also possible. Make the node as repeatable in your xsd.

You can schedule it to syndicate automatically on daily basis and also if you have any criteria to syndicate.

Thnaks,

Priti

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey jose,

your requirment is simple...syndicator should work for you to fulfill the same.

Cheers,

Rc

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Noe very sure about other ways but we donot have automatic extraction from data manager...

Is there any limitation to use syndicator??

Cheers,

Rc