cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Type Search for Multiple Storage Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve.

Background

- We are using kanban strategy 0006 in order to move materials from Plant A to Plant B. Plant A is warehouse-managed but Plant B is not.

- Within Plant A we have one wm-managed Storage Location with many Storage Types.

- Within Plant B we have two Storage Locations ( each one representing a separate, physical building ).

- A majority of the kanban materials in use only have one Supply Area assigned to them. However we have approximately 15 materials that have multiple Supply Areas assigned to them. This is because these materials are common parts across two different Storage Locations in Plant B. As a result, they also have two different Storage Types assigned to them in Plant A ( the source of the material ).

Problem

Because we have common materials in two different Storage Types, the Storage Type Search (defined in OMLY) does not always return the correct Storage Type for the Stock Removal Strategy.

I understand that this occurs because the Storage Type Search is defined based upon the Warehouse Number, Removal/Putaway Indicator and the Storage Strategy. Therefore both Storage Types will use the same Storage Type Search when determining the Destination Storage Type for the transfer order.

FYI, here's an example :

- Material 123ABC is defined in Plant A, Storage Location SL00, Warehouse WH1 with Storage Types ST1 and ST2.

- Material 123ABC is defined in Plant B, Storage Locations SL01 and SL02.

- Material 123ABC has Supply Area SA1 for Storage Location SL01 and Supply Area SA2 for Storage Location SL02 defined for kanban.

- Material 123ABC has Stock Removal Strategy 003 assigned in the WM1 view for Plant A, Storage Location SL00 and Warehouse WH1.

- The Storage Type Search sequence defined for Stock Removal Strategy 003 is Storage Location SL01 then Storage Location SL02.

- When I execute kanban for Material 123ABC for Supply Area SA2, the Destination Storage Type for the transfer order should be ST2. However because the Storage Type Search is based upon the Warehouse (and not the Storage Type level), the Destination Storage Type for the transfer order is ST1 because it is the first item in the Storage Type Search sequence.

So my question : does anybody know how I can resolve this issue? We don't want to adjust our master data for these materials or supply areas. Is there a USER_EXIT that we can implement that will account for this condition?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the Storage Type search using User Exit 'MWMTO008'.

Thanks

Vinod.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Based on the storage location indicator you can maintan different storage types for picking and putaway. I think your scnario willl be addressed using this indicator.Please explore this option before going for User exits.