cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxing Cover Sheet and Document Forms in the same print request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to ABAP and I have a requirement to print a Sales Order Confirmation Slip. Both the Sales Order Form and associated FAX Cover sheet are non standard and I've developed them as separate forms. The user will go to VA02/VA03 to either print, fax or email the output. Only if the user selects fax will a cover sheet be added to the request.

I tried controlling this via the form, but there is no way to conditionally print a master page.

So, I need to be able to submit both the cover sheet and Sales Order Confirmation in the same job.

Currently the SO print program uses the SD_PDF_SEND_DATA function module which creates a CL_BCS object to send faxes.

Is there a way to assign multiple documents to CL_BCS object? (I don't see one).

How can meet this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use the same spool request for your two different forms. Check the input parameters of the form function.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly sure how that would work. I tried something like what is below. I had to debug to reset the state of the print object, but I was only trying to prove your concept. When I tried this, it created two entries in SOST. I'm trying to create one entry that has both documents, so that the fax will always arrive at the customer as one document.

lv_cover_pdf_size = XSTRLEN( is_cover_main_data-pdf ).

CALL FUNCTION 'SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY'

EXPORTING

buffer = is_cover_main_data-pdf

TABLES

binary_tab = lt_cover_bcs_pdf.

CALL METHOD cl_document_bcs=>create_document

EXPORTING

i_type = 'PDF'

i_subject = iv_email_subject

i_length = lv_cover_pdf_size

i_language = iv_language

i_hex = lt_cover_bcs_pdf

RECEIVING

result = lo_cover_bcs_document.

CALL METHOD cl_document_bcs=>create_document

EXPORTING

i_type = 'PDF'

i_subject = iv_email_subject

i_length = lv_pdf_size

i_language = iv_language

i_hex = lt_bcs_pdf

RECEIVING

result = lo_bcs_document.

• CALL METHOD lo_bcs_document->add_attachment

• EXPORTING

• i_attachment_type = 'PDF'

• i_attachment_size = lv_pdf_size

• i_attachment_subject = iv_email_subject

• i_attachment_language = iv_language

• i_att_content_hex = lt_bcs_pdf.

*--- Set the fax address of the recipient

CALL METHOD cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_fax_address

EXPORTING

i_country = is_address-recip_fax_country

i_number = is_address-recip_fax_number

RECEIVING

result = lo_recipient.

*--- Set the fax address of the sender

IF NOT is_address-sender_fax_number IS INITIAL.

CALL METHOD cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_fax_address

EXPORTING

i_country = is_address-sender_fax_country

i_number = is_address-sender_fax_number

RECEIVING

result = lo_sender.

ELSE.

lo_sender = cl_sapuser_bcs=>create( sy-uname ).

ENDIF.

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create one entry that has both documents, so that the fax will always arrive at the customer as one document.

I don't think you'll be able to do that. CL_BCS is intended for communications, not for form joining. What you can do is sent the documents as two different attachments.

So, you have two different forms. When FAX is selected both forms are printed one after the other. You want to merge them as one document.

Important question: Are you using Sapscript, Smartforms or Adobe Forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andres,

Can you please suggest if we can select multiple attachments in one shot on same screen of services for objects and upload multiple documents in the services for objects in one single step?

Now I have to select one document then attach and then again goto services for object and select 2nd document and attach. I need to do repeatedly multiple times.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Akhilesh