Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC from MII to other systems

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to know how can I send IDOC from MII to any other system. I saw many threads in the forum explaining this. But nothing could give more clarity. As far as I know IDOC is just an xml file which need to be created in MII and send to other system. I have created the xml file (IDOC) and I am going to use Http Post action block to post this IDOC to other system. Can anyone tell me whether this approach is fine or not. If this is not the right way please let me know how can we send/post IDOC to other systems

Thanks in advance

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send IDOC from MII to SAP, you must use standard RFC and give IDOC as a parameter to that RFC.

Directly sending IDOC is not possible with MII.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaji,

if you want to send an IDoc to a SAP system, then have look at [this thread|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=49484395&messageID=8113640].

Concerning other systems - if they can understand xml, then using the IDoc xml structure is a good approach, like any other data that is contained in a valid xml file.

Michael

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I want to send to a SAP system only. Can I use Http Post action for sending the IDOC?

Thanks

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the easiest way is using the JCo action and the RFC described in the thread (IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONUOS). This should work out of the box.

If you want to use a webcall, you have to customize SAP to be able to receive the call.

Michael