cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTF-Editor for Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a real big problem (who not)... I have to develop a solution for editing and creating rtf-documents (RTF-Editor). This editor shall become integrated into a Web Dynpro-Application. I already wasted too much time in developing a Java-Applet using the JEditorPane, but this API is too buggy and now I'm looking for a alternative option. Can anybody help me with my problem?

Kind regards, Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heidi,

I think that I can't use the FormattedTextView-Control because the primary purpose seems to be showing formatted text. Of course formatted text could be generated by using tags, but this would'nt increase usability and acceptance of the application and might be too difficulty.

@Armin and Valery:

Your proposals sounds interesting. At the moment we're working with NW04 but we will upgrade at the beginning of the year 2007 to NW2004s. My colleague gives me the order to develop a solution which will work now and with the new release.

With Valerys solution it seems that I don't have to develop two different solutions, only "the call" must be changed at upgrade. However perhaps it's not possible to integrate it seamless in the new WD-Application!?!?

With Armins solution I need to use now something what is working with my BSP-Application (e.g. Crossbrowser, ...) and later I will use the office integration library.

I think, I have to discuss this with my colleague.

Thanks for your proposals so far - in spite of these two solutions I would be thankful for further proposals. Perhaps anybody does know a very good text-editor-applet?

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could integrate MS Word using the office integration library.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Web Dynpro ABAP you can use the FormattedTextView UI element: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Only if you have NW04s:

Try to exit to regular J2EE web application via "suspend" plug, edit content here with some HTMLArea component (see htmlarea.com), then return to WD application via "resume" plug.

Never tried this myself, though...

VS