cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding determination of availability date in forward scheduling ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Laxmipati,

from two days i am searching threads ,several example i found but things which i am asking are totaly different .i am posting with highlighting with different things.please read and give me solution;

I want to know when we doing backward scheduling and no-material is available ,then first system determine material availability date "is this date is in future or past of date which is determined in backward scheduling" take following example;

i am making order on 1st Oct2010,customer request for 15 oct.2010.transit time=1day,loading time=1day,transportation lead is=2days,pick\pack time=1day,then from backward scheduling system check for availability on 15-1-1-2=11oct2010,no material available, then system do forward scheduling how system propose new availability date ? then is there is any chance of availability before 11 ? system always propose a new availability date in future of that date which is determine in backward scheduling ? ANOTHER my doubt is when we use MRP,REPLENISHMENT LEAD TIME IN backward OR forward scheduling ?

in what condition we use above ?

MANU TALWAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that you mix up here two different things; in sales processing the system is not really scheduling, but rather calculate the material requirement date, pretty much like the example that you gave. Then the system is performing an ATP check. Normally ATP checks against existing supply elements, like stock, production orders, etc., according to the ATP setup. If it cannot confirm on the required date, it will try to confirm on the closest day in the future (sfter the required date), but not by doing forward scheduling, rather by relating to existing supply elements and their supply date.

In the case that you allow the logic of TRLT in ATP, and no such elements are found, the system will confirm on the TRLT (total replenishment lead time).

Regards,

Mario