cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARFC2 Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I am trying to migrate my ARFC models (origin 6.40) to ARFC2 models (7.20) but I get the message:

Unable to reimport new model. Reimport failed.

Migration to Adaptive RFC 2 model for ...Model failed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

A guide crosses my mind thisregarding:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50f7192d-2808-2d10-189b-df3fa5f71abf

I guess you know this already, but if not, perhaps even if it is not helping it gives and idea I hope.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thank you for your reply. As you already guessed (I forgot to mention) I know this guide and also successfully migrated one of my models, but with all other models the described error occurrs.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hans

two other ideas:

1. check the .log file from the .metadata folder of your workspace. This may include some errors at the time when you reproduce the error. You can share some more infor with me according to this.

2. Switch on the PDE Error Log viewer, and click twice on the error entry if appears any.

Window u2013 Show View u2013 Other... u2013 PDE Runtime --> Error log --> send the relevant entries.

This would be necessary since the "Unable to import" error message is not talkative enough unfortunately.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately neither in the .workspace Log nor in the Error Log any message is shown for the time of the Migration action.

I could delete and then re-import the model, but then I have to do the whole context binding....

Regards

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together

I think I know the problem now, when I create a new ARFC2 model I get an error message in the workspace log:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name may only contain A..Z, a..z, 0..9 or '_' but is /DORMAPP1/BAMODNO

After searching a bit I found an SAP note 1438679 explaining that '/' is an invalid character and has to be replaced.

I would say the '/' is fairly common in ABAP as it is used for customer/partner namespaces.

Does anybody know how to cope with this problem (apart from using the deprecated ARFC model)?

Regards

Hans

Answers (0)