Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB 7.8.01.17 permission problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to change the uid/gid for sdb.

Now sdbregview shows me, that the gid/uid does not fit. I know that I have to run the installation to fix this ... but this did not work for me ....

./SDBINST -check_files -profile Server -indep_prog /sapdb/programs -indep_data /sapdb/data -depend /sapdb/<SID>/db -o sdb -g sdba -b

runs without errors, but this did not help.

sdbverify show:

Checking package DB Analyzer

ERR: Failed

ERR: Checking installation "Legacy" failed

ERR: Owner of directory /sapdb/data/config/install changed [0 => 1002]

ERR: Group of directory /sapdb/data/config/install changed [0 => 1001]

ERR: Checking package SQLDBC failed

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/lib/libSQLDBC.so" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/lib/libSQLDBC.so" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/lib/libSQLDBC.so" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/lib/libSQLDBC.so" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/bin/sqldbc_cons" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/bin/sqldbc_cons" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC.h" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC.h" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/lib/libSQLDBCSup.a" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/lib/libSQLDBCSup.a" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/lib/libSQLDBC_C.so" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/lib/libSQLDBC_C.so" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC_C.h" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC_C.h" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC_Types.h" was changed [1000 => 1002]

ERR: gid of file "/sapdb/programs/sdk/sqldbc/incl/SQLDBC_Types.h" was changed [1000 => 1001]

ERR: Checking package SQLDBC 77 failed

ERR: uid of file "/sapdb/programs/lib/libSQLDBC77.so" was changed [1000 => 1002]

Any step by step descriptions how to fix this?

Do I have to uninstall the software first?

Thank you.

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to change the uid/gid for sdb.

Now sdbregview shows me, that the gid/uid does not fit. I know that I have to run the installation to fix this ... but this did not work for me ....

./SDBINST -check_files -profile Server -indep_prog /sapdb/programs -indep_data /sapdb/data -depend /sapdb/<SID>/db -o sdb -g sdba -b

Any reason you use the -check_files switch?

Leaving it out should make SDBINST to simply overwrite the existing files and thereby changing the permissions.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

not a real reason. I found this switch in the documentation. Normally I use (and used it for this problem) this command without this switch.

By the way, the database and sap runs without a problem, but is bad to see these messages in sdbverify ...

Maybe it is a feature because of MaxDB 7.8.02 comes with option -repair_permissions..

By the way, I tried the command without -check_files ... this does not help ...

Best regards,

Christian

Edited by: Christian Götze on Oct 14, 2010 1:33 PM