cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Connection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a serious performance issue in our MDM based solution. The issue is as follows.

continuously getting the connection errors when accessing the dashboard itself. Dashboard has SAP standard iViews like result set, pick list, search and item details.

Errors:

com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionException: Problem while creating JCA connection to MDM server 'XX.com' at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.execute (AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:184)

com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionException: Unable to create new connection.

at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.SimpleConnectionImpl.(SimpleConnectionImpl.java:57)

com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.utils.IViewRuntimeException: Can not create RepositorySessionContext for repository 'MDM_REPOSITORY' on the server 'XX.com' because connection problems, Can not create RepositorySessionContext for repository 'MDM_REPOSITORY' on the server XX.com' because connection problems, Unable to create new connection.

com.sap.mdm.session.SessionException: Can not obtain ConnectionAccessor for MDM server 'XX.com'

com.sap.mdm.session.SessionException: Can not create RepositorySessionContext for repository 'MDM_¨REPOSITORY' on the server 'XX.com' because connection problems

and these errors comes more often and sometimes it goes by refreshing and sometimes its stays for a long time. When the system has around 50 users, this error is continuous until the users gets reduced.

what could be the reason for this error? because this is a standard SAP iViews and MDM server was up and Portal server was also.

From portal, load balancing is fine too.

Could you experts kindly share your suggestions. I believe some of you would have encountered these errors. please give me some suggestions.

This would be really helpful since this comes in the production system.

thanks,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Tell your basis colleague to check the etc/hosts file which is used for DNS resolution.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. i will ask basis colleagues to verify it and will update you shortly.

But to get clarified, if there are problems in IP address, then we should face this problem all the times right?

we are facing this problem some times or when there is a some load to the server.

we have the static ip address for the MDM server.

Kindly help me in understanding

thanks for your kind support

regards,

SK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

then, if the problem does not always occur and you detect that it happens when the server is overloaded then this is the reason, the server does not respond due to this overload, so the IP address must be correct.

Then, I would check the network status when detecting the connectivity problems are occuring. Please, use niping for that.

Please, see note 500235:

500235 Network Diagnosis with NIPING

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

i will look into this.

One of my basis colleague also spotted, there could be because of MDM connector in Visual Administrator.

As of now, we have maximum of 1000 connections with expiry set.

Does these configurations has to do something with the performance.

I also find out the below comments on net

"Generally the Java applications will close the connections and return the connections back to the connection pool after finishing all the queries. However, some applications and clients, such as Business Explorer, don't close the connections they have acquired and/or other resources such as ResultSets when returning the connections to connection pool, then sometimes issues will occur, such as exceptions like "[Teradata DBMS]: Response limit exceeded". This exception when more than 15 time queries are executed within the ResultSet in the connection, but the ResultSet is not closed when returning to connection pool. These connections that are not closed and/or have unreleased resources like ResulSets should be regularly cleaned up, and the three parameters "Expiration", "Connection Lifetime", and "Cleanup Thread" can be configured for this purpose. *

Thanks for your help,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

My basis colleagues reported NW is fine and tested.

As i mentioned above, we find some discripencies in VA mdm connector.

when the system was poorly performing, we could see more than 1000 connections in the mdm connector 'usedmanagedconnectionscount' parameter.

However, In the actual MDM system and portal system, there were only 20 connetions at that time.

We have set the expiration and the clean up time to 300 also. But somehow this expiration is not working?

could you give some suggestions on this?

thanks for your support and sorry for a delay in replying.

thanks,

SK

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

The error would suggest networking issues that could be resulting in this connectivity issue between the MDM server and

WAS. I saw this one time and the issue was caused by an incorrect IP Address in hte DNSserver, can you please check this?

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca Serrano ,

thanks for your reply.

We have the static ip address only.

Where we need to check this information? kindly tell the location, i can ask my basis guy to look it.

thanks for your help

Regards,

SK