Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of field values for an Authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

What is the maximum number of field values can be put into the role, Is there any restriction for number of values in any authorization field?

I have put 326 values for field OBJTYPE in authorization object S_DEVELOP but not able to generate the role it is showing error.

I know I can split the values in two or more instance but wanted to know if there any other way out for this (without creating more instances)

Thanks

DK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

please read SAP note 410993. Workaround: consider to use ranges...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Oct 14, 2010 1:39 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

please read SAP note 410993. Workaround: consider to use ranges...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Oct 14, 2010 1:39 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

My issue is that , values which needs to be put in the field OBJTYPE are not in either alphabetic sequence or not in numeric sequence so that I can not put them in range and values are more then 500 ,

I created different instances to solve this issue but I wanted to know if there any other way out.

Also by solving through this approach in future if anybody will merge the role manually then it will be again in one instance and can not be generated.

So please let me know if another solution exists. Many thanks for solution provided above

Thanks

DK

0 Kudos

If the values for OBJTYPE are not uniquely the same, then the system will not merge them - so nothing will be lost.

Here is another trick for you: Choose one of the transactions in the role (or create a "symbolic" one for it") where you want to have the OBJTYPE proposed automatically from. Now maintain one or two of them in SU24 and then download it to your PC. Now from the F4 value range of the OBJTYPE, add all of those values you want via copy&paste into the file and then upload into SU24 again. A read old / merge new in PFCG will then swing all the values in for you.

Single values are always better, as you do not know what else is hidden in the range or might be added in future. It is however common to see FROM / TO ranging around values such as DEBUG and FUGR although all aspects of S_DEVELOP are dangerous - even in display mode.

Cheers,

Julius