cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataclass assignment for the new tablespace PSAPSR3701 during EHP4 upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in middle of EHP4 upgrade (Roadmap step Preprocessing). EHP installer suggested to create a tablespace PSAPSR3701. We created new tablespace PSAPSR3701 by using BRTOOLS. Tablespace was created successfully but gave a message that it will be assigned to new dataclass USER2 and USER2 dataclass is also created in TABART.

Questions:

Q1. Does EHP installer create the new tablespace automatically if there is enough space available?

Q2. Is there anyway to assign correct dataclass to the new tablespace?

Q3. Can this be done at the phase ACT_UPG and which tables needs to be updated?

I am referring to following thread where similar issue was occured.

/thread/1504938 [original link is broken]

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

Q1

For the Q1 EHP installer will not create the tablespaces automatically. If will ask us to create.

Q2

to correct this please check the note 541542

Q3

You need to update the tables TAORA and IAORA

both the tables should have the same values check the note for further reference.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos
to correct this please check the note 541542

Now the issue is PSAPSR3701 is with new dataclass and we are in the end of preprocessing phase.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for taking time out for this question. We have checked the shadow instance and assignment is correctly done even tough initial assignment of dataclss USER2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj, hope you are doing well.

when you perform upgrade that it SAP upgrade tool will tell you how much size of tablespace you need to create and also if any other tablespaces need extension. We have created PSAPSR3701 of 50 GB as per suggested in upgrade tool. You can't continue with upgrade tool until you create / extend tablespaces.

I can't find your Q2 in my docs. Let me check this and will get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
when you perform upgrade that it SAP upgrade tool will tell you how much size of tablespace you need to create and also if any other tablespaces need extension. We have created PSAPSR3701 of 50 GB as per suggested in upgrade tool. You can't continue with upgrade tool until you create / extend tablespaces.

Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. We already created the tablespace as I have mentioned. But problem is it is created with data class USER2. Will there be any impact if we continue with the installation? If yes, what is the correction route?