cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Memory upgradation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exparts,,

We have upgraded memory of SAP PRD System from 16 GB to 32 GB. Please let us know what are the parameter need to changes in (OS,Database & Application level). And what are the other steps i need to perform after upgrading memory of SAP System. what are profile need to be changed. if you need our current parameter inofrmation plese let us inofrm . we can send to you the same ASAP.

Thank you all in advance..

Expecting quick answer..

cheers'.

GPatra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

which platform is the system running in?

Regarding the SAP system you might need to increase the Extended memory size.

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

which platform is the system running in?

Regarding the SAP system you might need to increase the Extended memory size.

kind regards,

Mercedes

Hi Mercedes,

Thanks for you quick response. Our System is running AIX OS and ORACLE 10.2. could you please tell me what are the profile parameters need to be changed. If i need to increase or Extended, which parameters have to changed. How the applicationserver will recognise the updated memory. is it required to assign somewhere of updated memory size.

Best Rgds,

GC.

0 Kudos

Hello,

parameter EM/TOTAL_SIZE_MB is the one that limits the amount of Extended Memory. You would need to re-start the sytem to get the new value. SAP Note 789477 gives information and recommended parameters

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mercedes,

I have checked as you given parameter EM/TOTAL_SIZE_MB in our system. But there is no parameter as such. But i found em/max_size_MB this parameter. Please elaborate the all requirement steps for the memory upgradtion post activity.

Best Rgd,

GC

0 Kudos

Hello,

which release is the system running in?

When you increase the server memory I guess one of the goals you have is to increase as well the available memory for the SAP system. The way of doing this is by increasin the Extended Memory

As it says in the SAP Note I mentioned before as of kernel 4.6D patch level 570, the parameter is the one limiting the total amount of extended memory in an AIX platform.

If you run RSPARAM, did you see that parameter?

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

There are many Notes about tuning SAP systems. Please do not ask the community to do research for you. If you have a question about a particular Note or parameter, then please post it here. Generic queries about posting steps are not welcome.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)