cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Geocoder SAPO: Country not specified completely (Customizing)

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

we had to add some countries to our SAP GTS-system (e.g. Serbia), because we have customers there. Now, when we try top transfer those customers, we get the error message given above:

Geocoder SAPO: Country not specified completely (Customizing)

Message no. GEOCODING002

In OSS I found that the coordinates of a country can be specified in a customizing table to enable SAP to calculate the distance between countries.

But we only use the Sanctioned Party List-check (SPL) in GTS, nothing else. And I do not see, why any distance should be relevant to that.

So, my question is: Do I really have to define the position for every country I add? Or is there a way to disable the geocoding?

Thanks in advance

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. It does not matter if you need it or not. That is just the way it is GTS customer master is based on the CRM customer master, that is why geocoding data is relevant. You have to complete geocoding data for each new country. You can put there coordinates 0 for both width and length, it works fine. BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

And no, you cannot disable the geocoding check, if you dont want to modify profoundly the netweaver standard. The check happens somewhere deeep down in the netweaver abyss. It is much easier to put the zeros there and it makes GTS happy BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Martin and confirm that this is how we did it aswell on every project (over 10 by now...).

Marc

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

How would I "complete geocoding data for each new country"?

What is the impact of running report +GEOCODING_SET_GEOFLAG + and checking the Disable Geoservice checkbox?

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (0)