Run MRP for PS MD51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem when run MRP for PS by MD51. I have a project structure below:

Project definition: K-52

1.WBS element: K-52-01

Network: 101

Activity: 101 - 10 (material A, quantity = 10)

2.WBS element: K-52-02

Network: 102

Activity: 102 - 10 (material A, quantity = 25)

WBS element: K-52-02-01

Network: 103

Activity: 103 - 10 (material A, quantity = 15)

WBS element: K-52-02-02

Network: 104

Activity: 104 - 10 (material A, quantity = 25)

Each activity, I choose generate reservation instead of PR directly.

1. When I run MRP by MD51 for project definition K-52, the system generated 4 planned order for material A of each activity. This's no problem

2. When I run MRP by MD51 for WBS element K-52-01, the system generated 4 planned order for each activity like when I run MRP for project definition. I just want run MRP for WBS element K-52-01, but I don't know what happen and how to fix it. This's the first problem.

3. When I run MRP by MD51 for WBS element K-52-02, the system generated 2 planned or ther for K-52-01 and K-52-02, I don't know how system generate planned order for K-52-01. This's the second problem.

4. When I run MRP for WBS element K-52-02-01, the system generated 2 planned or ther for K-52-01 and K-52-02-01, I don't know how system generate planned order for K-52-01. This's the third problem

5. When I run MRP for WBS element K-52-02-02, the system generated 2 planned or ther for K-52-01 and K-52-02-02, I don't know how system generate planned order for K-52-01 as like as run mrp for K-52-02-01 above. This's the fourth problem

How I fix that, hopping your support.

Thanks

Regard

Hoai Vu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say, whichever WBSE you use to run MRP, the system creates planned order for K-52-01, material A 10 nos. + the particular WBSE material qty. or system creates total qty for only K-52-01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean that when I run MRP for WBS element K-52-01, result is like when i run MRP for Project Definition. But in K-52-01, there are only one order request for only one Activity. I think when I run MRP for K-52-01, the system will generate only one planned order for K-52-01's activity. But what I think doesn't happen.

Can you tell me how to fix it.

Thanks

Regards,

Hoai Vu

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say that if you run MRP for K-52-01, then all the reservations are processed for the entire project.

I am not sure whether this could be your issue or not, but try checking this, Check whether K-52-01 is a grouping WBSE or not. Check the basic data tab and see whether '1' is assigned to the grouping WBSE field.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shahidattar
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue, can any one suggest me the solution.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check by not indicating the with hierarchy chek box in txn md51and run the mrp for particular wbse.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAG,

I have checked hierarchy, but the result as I presented in the firt post.

And when I have't checked hierarchy, the result not change.

Can you tell me more and clearly.

Thanks

Regards,

Hoai Vu

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

check with another project in development or testing server, create two similar project & then see the diffrence with checking hiarchy (Explode project hierarchy)

Causes the product structure to be exploded.

In the work breakdown structure, various WSB elements are defined. These can be organized hierarchically.

Regards,

ahs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know what you said, but I want to know how the system generate that result. If the error appear, I can solve this follow sap guide to fix error. But in this case, the system does not appear error. I can't control MRP run for project.

As I know, when I check hierachy and run MRP for project (MD51), the system will run MRP for WBS element lower within that WBS (WBC father).

How I fix this problem and control MRP run.

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MD51, make sure that you are entering only WBS and not both WBS & Project definition. Let us know if that works.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In anycase when I want to run MRP for WBS element by MD51, I have just check in WBS element. When I want to run MRP for all project, I will check in Project Definition. That's informetion for you, I hope you can support me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Regards

Hoai Vu

Edited by: Hoai Vu on Oct 18, 2010 4:49 AM

Edited by: Hoai Vu on Oct 18, 2010 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think that maybe MRP Strategy was impact to result. because I choose MRP Strategy is 61 (Plng with plng material / project settl.). I don't know is it right or wrong.

Please let me know. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are there any expert here??? Who can help me??? Please

Regards,

Hoai Vu