cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login SAP after the installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I installed Netweaver PI 7.1 EHP1 on Suse Linux11 with Oracle DB, Installation is completed successfully

OS level, I could able to see all the processes, and i could see the work processes at dpmon level

But when i try to login using "sapgui <hostname> <instance no>" i am unable to login the SAP:

error is partner " hostname: sapdp00" not reached.

WSAEWOULDBLOCK: resource temporarily unavailable

I do not think, i have to open any ports as i am working it in the same network

Could you please guide me, what i need to do to login to the system

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the services file on your server to make sure the gateway is set up.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't use hostname, instead use ip address. If you want to use hostname then add ip address against hostname in your host file.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have used IP address as well as hostname; host name Entry was also added in the host name file against the Ip address.

I could able to trace the IP address from my PC as well as able to ping the host.

I also do not think there is a problem with sapgui patch also; But still there is an issue.

I am using client VPN network, will this be the problem ? will it block SAP related ports?

I am able to open the URL for another hostname right now which i have installed earlier, but i am unable to open anything for this new server, Pelase help.

Thanks and Regards

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> I am using client VPN network, will this be the problem ? will it block SAP related ports?

>

Yes, check with your client whether they have opened this IP address so that you can access it.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can test the connectivity using:

telnet <server_IP> <message server port>

ex: telnet <IP> 3600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that u have been provided necessary authority to access the new server's IP through the VPN client. Get help from ur network team on this.

Also try to connect the server from the same network and make sure that u r able to connect without any issues. Check the firewall/anti virus settings too. Sometimes the anti virus programs blocks the incoming/outgoing connections.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Varadharajan M