cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS version for EP7.0 EHP1 & CE7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Which NWDS version I need to install to support both EP7.0 EHP1 and CE7.1 for development and deployment of Web Dynpro Java .

I am new to CE7.1. I am aware of settings need to done in NWDS for the deployment of WDJ application. For CE7.1 server what necessary steps I need to follow for development and deployment.

Thanks,

Deepak!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

first of all please notice that I've moved this thread to the NWDI forum.

See the discussion here which I believe answers your question:

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I am collecting the necessary EP7.0 and CE7.1 server information on which I suppose to do development work. As per shared URL I have to go for 2 NWDS version in the same machine pointed to different work space.

I'm trying to know how to use CE7.1 portal & NWDS development and deployment. Can you share your view on this?

Can I use NWDS7.1 for the development and deploy the application in both CE7.1 & EP7.0 EHP1?

What I am trying to achieve here is:-

1>I need to do MDM/EP integration.

2>Need to use MDM Java API's for customization for Search, Match & Merge and Gold copy creation functionality with work flow. This need to decide if there are SAP provided standard content coming with the BPM & CE7.3 for MDM functionality.

3>MDM Workflow using EP-MDM-BPM scenario with CE7.1/7.3.

Please share your thought on this.

Deepak!!!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Regarding the development on client side PCs (NWDS):

no, you musn't use NWDS CE 710 to delpoy both to a runtime system 700 and/or 710.

Use NWDS 700 (or 701) to deploy to a runtime system 700 (or 701), and use NWDS 710 to deploy to a runtime system which is 710.

Regarding the central development on the server (NWDI):

You can use any NWDI version you will use for central development.

Please refer to the mentioned thread for details.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will just need to enter the server host name and message port to the SAP J2EE details in NWDS peferences