cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting PI and Weblogic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an interface: External Party -> SAP PI -> SAP ECC.

We are using IDOC on SAP ECC end while External Party communicates using Weblogic

I do not know which adapter to be used for Weblogic part. I saw some threads which tell JMS is used

Can anybody please confirm which adapter would be used and also what settings would be extra as compared to SonicMQ connection.

I am using SAP PI 7.1 with Ehp1.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends on how Weblogic server exposing the applicatoin functionality. It can be anything HTTP, SOAP, JMS or even FILE.

Talk to weblogic application owner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In present landscape (without PI), they are using JMS.

We already have installed jar files for SonicMq. Do we have to do it for Weblogic also?

I tried searching for a document which tells config between PI and Weblogic but could not find any.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Weblogic is an applicatoin server. Since, they are exposing functionality as JMS interface ask them what drivers(Jars) needed to connect their messaging system. You can also talk to previous Non SAP integration team to get the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, I will do that.

But if I am trying to create a JMS channel (Sender or receiver) I am not able to find an option relevant for Weblogic (i find it for SonicMQ and WebsphereMQ) in Transport Protocol.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, Weblogic Application server is JMS compliant and it uses open JMS standard. Check this[JMS-Provider-Specific Settings|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c1/739c4186c2a409e10000000a155106/content.htm]

under this try to use this section "Access JMS Provider with JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface)" parameters:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information is helpful.

As far as I know, Weblogic Application server is JMS compliant and it uses open JMS standard.

So in JMS channel I have to make setting for JNDI Server Address as:

If you want to use OpenJMS, for example, you must enter the following:
http://<host>:<port>/

This is as mentioned in the help link which you provided.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Answers (0)