cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Resolve the Broken Dc's on CBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing few broken Dc's in CBS. I tried to resolve the broken DC's by the following procedures, but was not able to completely resolve the broken DC's on CBS. few procedures are

1. No built and Deploy errors in NWDI

2.Had released all the activities from transport, no more activity's are in pending state in TSK.

But I am facing broken DC's in compile state, Metadata and Used Dc's. Can any of you suggest me how to resolve the broken DC's on CBS.

Thanks you all,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

which leads perhaps faster to the solution is to use the mentioned document to figure out the DC which is broken by itself, and check its build logs files.

Understanding Broken DCs and Dirty DCs

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b51...

Follow this guide, click on the name of the DC which is broken, and then on the next screen on the right hand side there you'll find a link to display the logs.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

did you manage to locate the problem of the broken DCs ? If yes, then I kindly ask you to close the thread by marking it as answered.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies, I found the reason for the broken dc's . There were few activity's waiting to be release state in transport view . After releasing those activity's from transport view, the missing dc's in consolidation compartment has been updated in CBS Consolidation Dev . The broken dc's in consolidation had been resolved.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Your DC becomes broken in the CBS buildspace, if you have forcefully activated your activities (using "Activate even if Build Fails" option checked during activation).

you can follow the following steps to resolve

1) Checkout the same DC from the DTR make it consitenent first and check whether it is able to build the DC successfully or not

2) Activate the DC only if it built successfully.

3) After activation check the CBS buildspace once again.

4) If the build space is still having broken DCs, then i recommend you to build the entire SC from the CBS GUI, and check it once again.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

first of all please notice that I've moved this thread to the NWDI forum.

See the guide:

Understanding Broken DCs and Dirty DCs

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b51...

You find some other useful documents in the top-most thread of this page in NWDI forum ()

Direct link to the thread:

Most important NWDI related guides and documents

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the CBS Log to find out the reason. The log will give you the details for the failure (like missing dependency, etc).

Then make the necessary changes and check-in the new activity. This should resolve the issue

Regards,

Poojith MV