cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal-Universe XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How do I know my report is connected to the right Universe? On CMC it says Universe Query as Data Source. But it doesn't say which Universe it is connected to.

Even when I import the report to Crystal Client, it doesn't say which Universe it is connected to. It only gives the login Info.

2. How can I add new columns to the report that is connected to Universe?

When I update the universe query - Crystal Set Data source, it is asking for all list of Objects and I have to manually choose the objects. What if the report has many columns?

Besides manual selection of Objects and matching them, updating the data source is affecting the crrent report Parameters. I have to recreate them after the re-point.

Is there any workaround?!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the report in Crystal Designer

Go to Database Expert

Right click on the command in the right pane and select Edit Command

The Universe Name should be at the top of your object list in the left pane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jody,

I am looking at CMC / Infoview level not the Crystal client tool. I don't want to open each report in the client to see the datasource.

I contacted the Business Objects support. They told me that it is a limitation in XI R3 also. They asked me to raise an enhancement request. I am really surprised with that answer. It is such a simple thing!!

Thanks,

SG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try some modification of

select * from CI_INFOOBJECTS where si_kind = 'CrystalReport' and si_universe.si_total > 0

in Query Builder.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Here is what I am looking for and it is not possible in the current BOBJ Xi versions. SAP sent me a link to raise the enhancement request.

CMC>Folders> <Report Flder> --> <Report> --> Process -->Database

We can view and edit db info here. but there is no info. about the universe. It just says 'Universe Query'. It is really hard to manage the Crystal Reports if there are many Universe. We have to login to Crystal to see which Universe the report is connected to.

Thanks,

SG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The query I included above does show universes associated with a Crystal Report (in my case SI_LOGON_INFO >> SI_LOGON1 >> SI_SERVER). I however only tested on XI 3.1.

Also, a Select * probably returns much more information than you need/want.

I don't believe there is any other method to pull this information.

Best,

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Universe Designer forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

I don't think it is a designer question. .

My questions are related to Crystal Reports datasources and re-points.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CMS

Go to Objects

select the Report

If it is a crystal report, in the property page you will have database tab to get the details

If it is a Web-i report /Crysta report via universe, in the property page you will have universe tab where you will find the name of the universe used

Thanks,

-G

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are referring to this path. >Process>Database

I already checked it. It says 'Universe Query'. But it doesn't give any info. about Universe descripton. I am using XI R2.

Can you please double check on your side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

reports --> properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I can't see any Universe info. I think this is a limitation in XI R2. Are you seeing in XI R2 or R3?