JDBC Driver Not Found

I know this topic has been posted multiple times across forums so I apologize. I swear I'm doing everything I thought I had to do but I'm still not having any luck.

I have Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 installed on my machine and we are running an Oracle 11g database. I am running java sdk 1.6.

I am trying to create an oracle JDBC connection in the Crystal Reports Designer.

I set it up with the following information:

Connection URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb:1521:MNT64

Database Classname: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (I've also tried oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver)

I hit next and the service comes up as devdb and then I can enter a username/password.

I get the 'JDBC Driver Not Found' error when I click Finish.

Now, I modified CRConfig.xml's classpath to include this under the JavaServer-Configuration section::

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/ojdbc6.jar;$</Classpath>

I also copied ojdbc6.jar from C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\jdbc\lib to the external folder for Business Objects.

I still get the error.

One thing I have thought of is my machine currently also has Crystal Reports Designer version 9 and 11 installed since I have to support crystal for multiple versions of our product and am still playing with 2008. Maybe this is causing issues?

Any ideas?

I've had a similar problem connecting to Postgresql through JDBC.

Initially I downloaded their JDBC4 driver and placing it in all ext-folders I could find, I only got the "Driver not found"-message.

Yesterday, I considered using their JDBC3 version (for pre-1.6 Java) and suddenly it worked.

Apparently, CR2008 doesn't use Java 1.6 yet...

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer