cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII workbench - saving new transaction - role issue?

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using MII 12.1.4 (build 53) and have copied the SAP java roles to our own groups (ABAP Roles) in the UME, including the defined actions of the SAP roles. We then assign the ABAP role in ABAP to the User, so that in the UME they now have the groups assigned.

We have run into an issue where when creating a new transaction in the MII workbench we are unable to save it. If we add the standard SAP UME role SAP_XMII_DEVELOPER, we are now able to create and save the transaction (or whatever work). The only difference we can see in the SAP_XMII_DEVELOPER role and our copied role is the name, all the actions in SAP_XMII_DEVELOPER are in our Group (ABAP role).

our ABAP role (UME Group) example is:

ZZZZ:Z_MII_DEVELOPER (has UME role AD_JU_MII_DEVELOPER assigned)

UME Roles:

Z_MII_DEVELOPER has the 3 actions below assigned:

xappsxmiiumeactions XMII_User

xappsxmiiumeactions XMII_Read_Only

xappsxmiiumeactions XMII_Developer

SAP_XMII_DEVELOPER has the same 3 actions as above, and the onluy difference is the description, and that it doesn't have any assigned groups.

Does the MII workbench use the hardcoded role names somewhere that would not allow us to use our the ABAP roles (JAVA groups) or is there something else we are missing in the group?

I have searched the best practices, forums, SAP help, OSS, etc. with no luck

Thanks for any help,

jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

you can assign reader and writer roles to transactions. If you open a transaction in the workbench, you can find an entry "Security" in the Transaction menu. As a default, the writer role should be filled with the SAP_XMII_Administrator and SAP_XMII_Developer, if I remember correctly.

Please try to add your new role Z_XMII_Developer and check if this helps.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

I also faced the same problem recently.

As Mike said, you need to add your role in " Transaction -> Security". Here, you will find all the available roles. Put the required role in Reader and Writer Roles windows.

As far as your question is concerned, by default MII assigns XMII Administrators, XMII Developers and XMII Users roles (MII 12.0) as Reader to Transaction. Where as MII assigns XMII Administrators and XMII Developers roles as Writer to Transaction.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Kedar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

This solved my problem. When creating a new transaction or Query, I was not going right to the Security properties and changing the roles assigned for teh Reader and Writer. It seems odd that this is required just to save the object, but if using standard SAP roles, I guess this wouldn't even be an issue.

Thanks again,

Jake