cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue monitoring and CCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently, our company has a process in place for monitoring tasks. They are looking into the possibility of handing over the monitoring of queues, correcting queue errors via a detailed document and executing delta report to these department. My concern is the impact of such considering that they are not SAP APO consultants. Neither do they have knowledge in SAP. May I kindly ask your insight with regards to this. Is this okay? What could be the risks involved? Is there a document/site that states the criticality of such tasks and who should be the person responsible..

Hoping so much for your kind advice. Thank you thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your company can provide them KT sessions on an overview of SAP and monitoring queues, executing delta reports etc

No knowledge about SAP does sound risky. A person need not be an expert mechanic (with insight to car details) to drive a car, but you cannot give a car to a person who does not even know how to drive!

Arrange for training sessions, prepare best business practice documents in APO and other documents of know-how about the task they would be handling. Also, provide a backup support team for immediate help needed in starting by them until they understand the business and processes.

[http://www.valconusa.com/uploads/029_ATP_APO3x_SCM4x.pdf]

You can check the document in the above link for some best practices in SAP APO. It covers DELTA_REPORT3, SDRQCR21, SDORDER_DEL, CIF

Edited by: Sim on Oct 14, 2010 7:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you all so much for all the advises.. It has helped me greatly.

Sincerely,

Ria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

inquiry about delta report has no been answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

they are not SAP APO consultants.

This is not necessarily a problem.

Neither do they have knowledge in SAP

Of course this is a problem. That problem is typically addressed through training.

Is there a document/site that states the criticality of such tasks

No, not until you create it.

The definition of the criticality of any task, including monitoring/maintaining APO queues, is solely dependent upon decisions within your company. I could not possibly know how the queues impact your company, nor what would be the cost to your company with queue failures, nor could I possibly know what would be the impact of moving the monitoring responsibility to a new group. If you think the issue warrants, you can ask your quality department to perform an FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis). There are standard tools available to quality engineers that can quantify the risk so that management can make the best decision.

who should be the person responsible.

That is different in every company. The answer is "A person with the proper training, the right tools, adequate authority, who is properly motivated".

If it were my company, I would be willing to re-assign queue monitoring to a non-SAP consultant group, as long as they were adequately trained.

SAP has produced several documents about monitoring SCM/APO. Although they don't answer your question, they could definitely serve as a starting point for training documents. To start, look at

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000715082008E

Best Regards,

DB49