cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compress SOAP sender messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a SOAP sender in place receiving 5MB messages from an external partner.

As the charge model with this partner is per mb transfered I am looking for a way to reduce these messages.

Does anyone know if there is a way to ask my partner to compress the messages? And at the same time XI needs to be able to read compressed that and follow the processing.

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You coud ask the partner to send the SOAP messages in compressed format and configure your SOAP adapter accordingly. Add the following parameter to XISOAPAdapterBean in the Module Configuration tab of the SOAP adpter channel -

XMBWS.Encoding gzip

Regards,

TK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TK,

As my solutions partner has not stablished the compressed SOAP message at his side yet I am trying to simulate it through SOAPUI. I don't know if this application is familiar to you but I am seting an option in Preferences called "Request Compression: GZIP ".

When I submit a message to SAP XI with this option set it seems nothing changes. At least the message size that I see on the "PayloadSizeRequest" remains the same when compared with the situations that I am not using compressed message from the source system (SOAPUI) nor in the adapter configuration you told me.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego -

Does SOAPUI send the message in compressed format ? You can do a trace using TCPGW. Check the blog -

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

Add the following parameter as well to the XISOAPAdapterBean in the Module Configuration tab of the SOAP adpter channel -

XMBWS.AcceptEncoding compress, gzip

Refer to the document -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f9cd4

Regards,

TK

Edited by: Sameej T.K. on Oct 18, 2010 8:17 PM