cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 record limitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help answer a few questions for me sinc i cant find them anywhere else.

Right now we have about 600,000 records to load using the /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3. Through trial and error only about 2,000 records could be sent to the program at a time. Any more than that would cause an ABAP error message describing a time-out issue or a short dump but the short dump log could not be written. The /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 program could not be sent to a background process so that multiple sessions could be queued up. For a 2,000 record limitation, we will need about 300 files. Right now, it means someone sitting there and sending 2,000 records at a timeu2026waiting for the /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 program to finish and then sending 2,000 more. You can run two sessions at a time no more and the sessions take about 20-30 minutes to run.

I know nothing about this program so I wanted to know Is there a record limitation to this or is something else going on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your system parameters for the time-out. ("instanz-profile"...)

I just uploaded around 15.000 rows and that took around half an hour....

Maybe you can also check to create a LSMW - due to your huge data volume.

regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Please see below link which has all the details and prerequisites to use /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3.

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2006/helpdata/en/06/cbb541c5b63031e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks

Dushyant

Answers (0)