cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Email Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation here. We have 2 systems on one physical host. Both are NW 2004s SP13 systems with MSSQL database. We have configured inbound email for both these systems for SMTP port 25000 and 25001. However when we send inbound email to system2, its reaching inbound of system1. Inbound emails to system1 are getting delivered correctly delivered to system1. I am not sure whether this is something controlled at exchange server end on the relay (our Microsoft Exchange is 2007 version). Sapnote 455140 says i have to configure virtual host only if more than one client exists and I want all incoming to be routed to single client. This note is not applicable in my case. Just wondering if you have any advise

Regards

Kal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyana,

Please provide the document which helpo in doing inbound configuration.

What need to be done in exchange server(2003) end.If you provide me example that would be helpfull to me in getting inbound configuartion.

But he told that forwarding will not be done to IP address it will be done to different email id.

From SAP end from my understanding that we need to do

SICF -> SAPconnect (Active) with proper Logon Data & Host Data setting

In Parameter we need to change

icm/server_port_<> & is/SMTP/virt_host_<> as per the example provided

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=180 EXTBIND=1

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = *:25000;

As per SAP Note :

455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP &

421359 - ICM: Binding ports < 1024 on UNIX

546147 - SMTP plug-in: MS Exchange sends only to port 25.

If anything else to be configure at SAP end please provide the good document if you have any for this inbound configuration with example

Regards

Punit Maini