cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date type-specific Customizing missing for date type ACTActPln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm using a Web Service obtained by copying the CRM 7.0 built-in WS APPTACTCRTRC.

I'm using it to create Appointments using an Adobe Interactive Form.

It goes everything fine (a Date is created in the system, with all the input data properly set) excepted the dates...

The WS uses two TIMESTAMPS, TIMESTAMP_FROM for StartDateTime and TIMESTAMP_TO for EndDateTime, whereas the GUI transaction to create Dates accepts dates and times in separated fields.

Going in Debug I can see that the execution ends with the following error, referred to the involved entity (CRM_APPOINTMENT):

Date type-specific Customizing missing for date type ACTActPln

CRM_APPOINTMENT uses date profile 0000000001 with three possible date types: ORDERACTUAL, ORDERPLANNED and ORDERPROPOSED and I cannot find anywhere date type ACTActPln (just to add it in customizing).

Is anyone able to enlight me?

Thank you in advance!

Alessandro

PS I've years of experience in Java programming but I'm quite new to the SAP world. Maybe the problem is not a problem at all, but it seems to me as such. Even if it has a trivial solution, please let me know. Thx!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please post xml data type of fromdate and enddate field?

I have very limited knowledge of CRM specially customization related issues (you can get quick help in forum for customization).

Please note GUI transactions are not similar to WS.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav!

The relevant portion of the WSDL used in the Adobe LiveCycle designer (NetWeaver) follows:

- <xsd:complexType name="_-crmost_-zC001nisbtdateTA001">

- <xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="RefGuid" type="n0:char36" />

<xsd:element name="ApptType" type="n0:char12" />

<xsd:element name="IsDuration" type="n0:char5" />

<xsd:element name="FullDayIndicator" type="n0:char1" />

<xsd:element name="StartDateTime" type="n0:decimal15.0" />

<xsd:element name="EndDateTime" type="n0:decimal15.0" />

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

Regards,

Alessandro

P.S.: I was mumbling on the same issue; I've posted a related question under the SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe group (see [linked thread|;).

Edited by: Alessandro Canevese on Oct 14, 2010 12:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I was about to write that you should enter date in decimal format. but you already did that as mentioned in

In response to following from above thread (copied for others to understand my response)

Hi all.
I'm successfully using the LiveCycle Designer and I've managed to remotely create Appointments using a CRM Web Service (a mere copy of APPTACTCRTRC).
The only problem I'm encountering is that I'm not able to set the dates/times (start and end of the appointment).
Dragging each of the two fields from the WSDL based Data Connection I obtain a Decimal Field limited to 15 digits.
How can I write a date and time in such a field?
I've tried with a retroverse date as YYYYMMDDHHmmss (for example, 20100301124500) but it does not work
 (the appointment is indeed created, but with the start date and time fields filled with 
the current date/time and the end date and time fields filled with the current date and time plus 10 minutes).
The retroverse date above is only 14 digit long, so, maybe, this is the problem. 
But, given the field definition, I'm not able to fill a blank space between the date and the time. 
I'm not able to put a dot either.
What should I do?
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
Alessandro

15 digit in UTC time format here is fraction of second so you should enter 201003011245000 (add one more zero).

14th Oct 2010 16:00 should be written as 201010141600000, so just try it and and see if it works, I guess if you do not supply end time then by default it will be starttime + 10 min but this is just guess.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gourav!

You have been really helpful (I've rep'd you).

Ciao,

Alessandro

P.S.: I've solved my original question, changing the date fields in the Web Service. Instead of using the fields exported in the original WSDL (referencing the ACTActPln type of date missing from CRM_APPOINTMENT) I've added two new fields, referencing the ORDERACTUAL type of dates. I keep wondering why the default service uses dates that are not present.

Edited by: Alessandro Canevese on Oct 14, 2010 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOTE: now that the whole picture is clearer, I've verified that the timestamp has to be filled exactly with 14 characters (I suppose the last one is somewhere transalted to a null, just to end the string).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that in the meanwhile (waiting for an eventual help) I've created a new Date Profile, say Z000000001, having added the apparently required date type, I've associated it to my customized Appointment transaction and it seems to work from SAP GUI: it appears as a fourth date type in the dropdown list for dates in the SAP GUI CRMD_ORDER transaction for Business Activities. In effects, I can create a Date using that date type without getting errors.

Yet, from the Web Service invoking, I keep obtaining the error above...

Edited by: Alessandro Canevese on Oct 14, 2010 11:50 AM