cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many SAP BW BEx Queries can be embedded in a Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create 5 reports based on five different SAP BW BEx Queries. These are charts with 3- axes i.e. X,Y,Z.

The example requirement is to create Line charts (Vertical Mixed Line Charts) and deatils are as follows: The chart should show CPU Utilization % for different servers (eg. Servers1,2,3,4,5) for each day in a particular month.

Axes details:

X- Axis - Date eg: 01 /09/2010 to 30/09/2010

Y-Axis - CPU Utilisation Percent

Z-Axis - Servers from 1 to 5

The above detailed chart comes from a BEx Query . In this way there are four more BEx queries which should give four other charts.

My query is: Is this possible to have five different BEx queries in a single Universe and Create 5 different charts(one chart from each BEx Query) in a single tab as in the current manual report.

(All the five Line charts should be downloadable to a single sheet in Excel)

One more, should I use Web intelligence only? Is any other tool that helps for this requirement.

Please advise.

Nanda Kishore.

Edited by: Nanda Kishore B on Oct 13, 2010 4:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers for your qns:

Is this possible to have five different BEx queries in a single Universe ?? NO

Create 5 different charts(one chart from each BEx Query) in a single tab as in the current manual report. ?? YES

All the five Line charts should be downloadable to a single sheet in Excel ?? Possible- YES

should I use Web intelligence only? *WebI * or Data Federator

Nanda Kishore,

As you are in SAP BI, I suggest you to go with BO Universe==>>WebI or DataFederator.

Solution for your problem:

Sol1 : Why you are creating 5 BEx queries?? Is there any calculations or restrictions??

YES, then Design 5 Universes for each BEx query.

@ WebI Report: Develop report/chart based on Universe-1 and in BO query panel click on Add Query and do it for 4 other Universes.

Save all Charts in single report. (After running second time query, it will prompt for 3 opt's: 1. Insert new report 2. Insert data with in the existing report 3. Indulge objects without creating new report )

Here, go with Opt:2 or Opt3 or opt:1, no problem. And develop all Charts in single report by just dragging & dropping chart type and objects to it.

Now your problem solved.

Sol2: If no need of 5 BEx queries: Just drag all the Characteristics, Keyfigures and other what you want for Charting.

@Designer: Design Universe on top of this BEx master query.

@ Report : use this Universe and drag objects to 5 diff charts.

Hope you got it.

Thank You!!

Sent from iPhone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot