cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error as :JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Integer '33701138 S1' has to many digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing the scenario flat File to RFC [BW System]. Sender side file is picking fine and processing fine but in the receiver side i am facing problem. According to RFC channel logs the below error i am getting.

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: could not convert request from XML to RFC:com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$ConversionException: (122) JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Integer '33701138 S1' has to many digits at field /BIC/ZSAL_ONO.

I am facing problem in field /BIC/ZSAL_ONO.

In some records i am getting data as 55704438S1 and this is processing successfully. But with gap i am getting as above error.

I can see in RFC the above field as type string and also in souce i am maintaning as string.

Note: I have imported standard RFC.

Can anyone sugget what should be done.

Thanks,

Bahskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please give suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the type and length of the field /BIC/ZSAL_ONO in BW system ???

Regards,

TK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameej,

The type is NUMC and length is 10. But i am getting in source field as 14 in length with gap. So i need to fill that gap and send as

10 length.

suppose if am getting in source field as 33007718 S1 then i need send to target as 33007718S1.

Can any one suggest how to write UDF for this. Can any one send with code pls.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone pls help me out.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will you be always getting the one blank space(gap) in the string?

If yes, you can use 'replaceString' function.

Check this link for this function usage:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/2c/2d8c4024d26e1de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

-Supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

No.. in some records i will get the string without gap and in some records i will get with gap.

Sp pls advise how should i proceed.

Thanks,

Bhasakr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Number of blank spaces (gap) is fixed, then you can go ahead with the approach I have suggested in the above post.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

If there is no gap then RFC is accepting if there is gap then RFC is not accepting as the length is geting increased more than 10.

But in RFC length is only 10. I am not getting how to fix the gap.

Thanks,

Bahskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Please use "replaceString" function in PI Mapping. Give first input as a space and second a blank. This will replace the gap and the value will be passed to RFC without this gap.

This will not cause a issue if you the value comes without a gap. Also you had mentioned that the problem is only when you receive value with a gap.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I have already mentioned, 'replaceString' function will fix this issue.

If there is any gap in the string, then it will be filled in by the function, and if there is no gap then the string will be passed to the target as it is.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya/Jayalaxmi,

Thanks for your reply.. my problem solved. points given

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks