Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert e-mails from channel errors on Non-Central Adapter

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alerts works perfectly coming from our Central Adapter Engine, but is not working from the Non-Central Adapter Engine. The Non-Central Adapter does exchange messages with the PI Integrations Engine.

When you monitor with RWB the Non-Central Adapter Engine then you can see the errors in the channels as normal, but no alert is raise for these errors on the Alert Framework. The exchange profile on the Non-Central Adapter point to the Central Adapter Engine Host and contain the relevant Central Monitoring entries that is used by the Central Adapter Engine to great success to create Alerts.

When I cause a Channel Error on the Non-Central Adapter then in the default trace I get the following errors.

(1)

Channel Sys_FixAssetRegister_Snd_File: Directory
u201DHostu201D\FixAssetRegisterDev\OUT_\ does not exist.

....This is where the channel reports the error that was caused by me, which is to me still perfectly normal, however see the below errors.

(2)

Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=CTSAPXID01.engenoil.net GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=XID MSSERV=sapmsXID PCS=1

ERROR service 'sapmsXID' unknown

(3)

Unable to raise alert for fatal process status (adapter http://sap.com/xi/XI/System:File, channel 1d6df65791f8342da3520a623137a0fd): com.sap.aii.af.service.alerting.AlertingException: JCoClient connection missingHost:"Host"|AdapterType:File|Sender::FixAssetRegister_D|Receiver::|Interface:oa_FixAssetRegister:urn:engenoil.com:pda:fixassetregister|MsgID:null

What I unclear to me is why it is complaining not finding the message server as in (2) as it should get this from the Exchange profile that can be reached and is being used by the Central Adapter Engine.

Then in the trace it complains about a JCOClient connection missing Host. Where is this missing.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist in resolving this Alerting issue.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Willie, how are you?

To fix the JCo communication error from the decentral adapter engine, please try adapt the entry for service "sapmsUSD" in the services file

of the host:

"sapmsUSD 3600/tcp # R/3 System message service port"

The services file is located on path:
WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

Should the issue still persist, please take into account the Alerting Configuration in the Runtime Workbench is stored in the Central Monitoring System, where also the Alert-API is called from all components that processes messages, if the sending of alerts is configured as described in note 953626.

So for a non Central Adapter Engine, simply activate the sending of alerts. Active rules will automatically apply for this also.

So, can you please apply the note 953626 XI Alerting: How to deactivate the XI Alerting.

-> Apply the recommendation in section 2 J2EE Adapter Engines.

In addition, see the links below:

General Prerequisites

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/76/661b410210ef6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Alert Notification Step-by-Step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/49/4782ba37042221e10000000a42189d/content.htm

A good way for troubleshooting the alerts would be reproducing the error and checking the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, which is to be

executed in the central monitoring system, quite after the message goes into error.

Please ensure that logging for alerting is activated, as described in note 1015576.

I hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I have the same problem that alerts are not triggered for the errors on the decentral adapter engine. I have checked the note 953626 XI Alerting and these settings are active by default on the decentral.

I have checked the SXMSALERT_LOGREADER after the error on the decentral but i dont see any entries. Can you please advice?

Thanks,

Reddy