cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rgd: Client out of memory in BEx Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have BEx 7.0 Analyzer, I am trying to run nearly 55k lines of query with 34 column.

I get an error message client out of memory. If i run the same in rsrt and web analyzer it works fine.

Is there a way to increase the BEx analyzer memory or BEx analyzer is limited to number of cells?

I am using excel 2007.

If I remove 10 columns from the query it works fine, I think this is due to the number of cells restriction.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will SAP or microsoft solve the root cause??

It's needed to be solved.

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gang,

See 1040454  - Front-end memory requirement of the BEx Analyzer

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1040454

Regardless of the  memory capacity in the front-end, a process can allocate a maximum of  approximately 1.2 gigabytes (GB) in the .NET framework.
This corresponds to approximately 750,000 data cells that can be displayed.
When  you try to allocate more memory, the system generates an error message  ("Client Out of Memory", for example). In this case, reduce the number  of cells to be displayed.

This is a Microsoft limitation, not an SAP limitation.

John Hawk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johny,

Unfortunately it´s true so thanks for your advice.

I decided to reduce the volume of data by creating workbook with about ten sheets.

This workbook is updated after smaller doses but more often and  for my purposes it is sufficient.

Thanks to all for your help.

Thomas

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also dealing with same issue, anyone got solution to this problem ?.

Thanks

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was it solved ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please share the way the pb has been solved?

many thanks in advance.

Kha Luan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

I am facing the same issue as well. Can you please let me know how you were able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Nate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

We are also facing the same error. Could you please help us how you were able to solve the problem?

Please share your solution. Thnaks in advance.

Regards,

Varalakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Did you got someone answer to this issue?Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone,

I am also running into a similar issue with 7.0 and Excel 2007. I just wanted to comment regarding the 750,000 cell limitation with .NET framework. I'm currently running a query that returns 76,828 rows and 14 total columns (including key and text fields for some attributes) succesfully. It may be possible that our Basis team has changed some setting for us but i don't believe 750,000 is the Maximum.

~Troy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Did you ask your Basis team regarding the set up that has been implemented.

It could be very nice for all of us to get this info.

Many thanks in advance.

Kha Luan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Your file is a big file, its very common to get such kind of issues.

You can check with the basis team to increase the memory allocated on server for running the queries but i dont foresee it being of much more use.

Its better to restrict/ remove few coloumns.

Please close the thread if you feel the question is answered. Keep the Forum clean.

Regards,

Den

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Pls understand my question, before answering.

regards,

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi,

clearly yours is a data volume issue which can't be handled efficiently in Excel. It may be a problem/limitation with the BEx compatibility. Can you check it in any machine having excel 2003 ?

--Akashdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akashdeep.

Let me check with excel 2003. But another problem is currently i am running the query till august month, which is of 53K.

At the end of this year the record will sure cross 65K, thats why I went for upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.

I think SAP BEx cannot execute huge volume of data. This is something were SAP BI tool need to improve.

Because I have seen more people has come across with this issue. But I did not find any solution anywhere.

I am keeping this thread open for while, let me see anyone can get me solution.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

araj123 have you found a solution or workaround? I am having the same problem. BEx 3.5 does not generate an error when the same query parameters are run. This is a problem with BEx analyzer 7 and Excel 2003.

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is memory issue. Please see the OSS note 1040454. The maximum memory for front end processor = 1.2 GB. To find the memory used use the formula

mem = 100MB + (#rows x #columns) x 0.0016 MB

Regardless of the memory capacity in the front-end, a process can allocate a maximum of approximately 1.2 gigabytes (GB) in the .NET framework.

This corresponds to approximately 750,000 data cells that can be displayed.

The system issues an error message when you try to allocate more memory. In this case, reduce the number of cells to be displayed.

Regards,

Raghavendra.