cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Views in a Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is the first time I am workin on Visual Composer and tried to find through forums for some documentation and have done some PC stuff which seem to rwork fine.

I have a scenario like,

Import the BI Query to the iView, create an input form for this. This output table should be displayed in a different View (like navigating from input to output) that is replacing the form screen.

I also should have a button BACK in the output view which will bavigate the users back to the Form View.

How should I approach this solution? What is the best practice?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement you need two layers.. with input form in the first layer and the output table in the second layer.

once you have created and placed the form & table in coresponding layers.. connect an event from layer 1 to layer 2 and select the event as submit.. which is the submit in the input form..

After this go to output table create a tool bar with a button called "Back" and create a custom action and call it "Back".

Now connect an event from layer 2 to layer 1 and select the event as "Back".

this will satisfy your requirement.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Now when I click on the Output table, I should show a list of the details for that line item.

The format would be -

A1 value A1 value A3 value

B1 value B2 value B3 value

Is it possible to to do layout like this? From the the output of the table I will have all the details. The table just displays 10 columns of the 30 items that is returned as output. These 30 items should be displayed in the above format below the table. How will I display the Details screen in the same layer?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any other query or view which displays data at a more detail level, if yes then you can pass some value as input and get the details in a separate table view below the summarized data table.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going to use the absolute layout and arrage the UI manually.

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Answers (0)