cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Routing using standard context objects failing in PI 7.1Ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a [scenario|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/16541] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];(please refer link) in which I am setting standard context objects "URLParamOne", "URLParamTwo" in my UDF to determine my interface dynamically at runtime. The scenario was working until our PI 7.1 system was upgraded to PI 7.1Ehp1. Now when I try to test the scenario my message is failing giving error "Unable to find an inbound interface" even though I could see that my UDF is setting the parameters as it is required to do.

What I am guessing is that there is difference in parameters which my UDF is setting and the ones which Interface determination is refering to because the parameters "URLParamOne", "URLParamTwo" are present in both the software components SAP BASIS 7.10 and SAP BASIS 7.11.

Does any body know any setting where we define that parameters refered in interface determination/ receiver determination should refer which software component as with each upgrade the BASIS software component version would change and we need to ensure that configuration objects refer the latest version of BASIS software component version.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markushardank
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

did you try to change the metadata for your communication channel from 7.10 to 7.11?

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not using the HTTP adapter but its context objects which I am utilising in my scenario to determine Interface in Interface determination. My scenario is SOAP to IDoc/s and receiver IDoc interface/s can only be decided based on the payload of the message at runtime. It can be either one IDoc or both Idocs which are to be created at runtime and for this decision I am utilising the context objects "URLParamOne" and "URLParamTwo" in my UDF by assigning some values to it based on which I am determining interfaces in Interface Determination by validating the condition on these parameters.

As far as metadata of Communication channel is concerned it is updated as soon as we import software component SAP BASIS7.11. Now I can see both the adapter versions 7.10 and 7.11

Thanks,

Amit

markushardank
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

importing the latest content to ESB does not mean that the SOAP communication channel in the integration directory used the latest metadata. If both 7.10 and 7.11 content is imported in ESB you can for every Adapter select both metadata, you see two SOAP Adapter in the selection of the communication channel.

My guess is that your SOAP channel is still referencing the old 7.10 content, right?

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, even i am guessing that it is referencing the metadata of BASIS 7.10 which is why I asked for any setting which we can perform and make it point to 7.11.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing some trial and error and the SAP note on HTTP adapter, we were able to fix the issue by changing the name of the parameter in my UDF as UrlParamOne instead of URLParamOne because one SAP note specifies that there is case sensitiveness in parameter and with PI 7.11 documetation of HTTP adapter parameter is not maintained properly.

Thanks for all help.

Regards,

Amit